MTA Limits

Maggi

Here is the main questions that disturb not only me but also a lot of scripters that can't decide: stay in SAMP or go to MTA:

1) MAX_PLAYERS =

2) MAX_VEHICLES =

3) MAX_3DOBJECT_COUNT (MAX_PICKUPS, ...) =

4) How often are packets sent to player and how many? (I'm afraid that packet count is more than in SAMP, because of MTA's improved sync)

Notes:

MAX_PLAYERS means how many players can server handle (network aspect) :arrowdown::arrowup:

Edited by Guest

1) not sure, but probably 128 (can be hacked somehow to 255), 1.1 will officially have 250 AFAIR

2) there is element limit not vehicle/whatever limit. 65535. shared between objects, vehicles, peds, markers, etc etc. afair - there can be up to 254 streamed in elements (Polish wikipedia says that MTA 1.1 will have no limits for elements - but i'm not sure if this is true thing). samp have 2000 vehicles, right? 2048 pickups, 100blips, etc?

3) read "2"

4) depends of running resources of course. empty server with nothing but just spawn will send only player movement data etc, but resources - more data to send.

if you want to choose between samp and mta - choose mta - much better sync, MUCH MUCH better scripting possibilities, easier scripting, serial assigning (making every player have unique "ID", so you can auto-login them etc)

(Polish wikipedia says that MTA 1.1 will have no limits for elements - but i'm not sure if this is true thing).

I don't think so, the roadmap says nothing about it. It should be there if it's going to be added, shouldn't it?

Player limit of 250 in 1.1 is true indeed, it's already added in the nightly's.

What is about network packets? what is average upload speed to player from server?

conditions:

player_count = 220

object count = not so much, as in normal race (with roads going to sky )) )

I can't find so much people to make limit tests.

May be we can do such tests and proof all others that MTA is much better than samp?))

will be edited (making calculations)...

The maximum elements you can have actually streamed in (visible) at any time is:

Vehicles: 110

Peds: 140

Objects: 350

Fires: 60

Pickups: 620

Radar blips: 175

3D markers: 32

Coronas: 64

As has been said, the maximum element count is 65535 loaded at any time. This is quite a lot. Most element types are streamed in and out as necessary, so the hard limits should rarely affect you. Perhaps the only limit that is a significant issue is the object limit, and that may be increased in the future.

Bandwidth is much much harder to measure and will depend on how people play on your server, and the game mode, as well as the raw player count.

Objects aren't synced currently, so they have no real bandwidth impact, beyond the initial map load on join (which is very fast).

You can use the 'netstat' command in the console in-game to see lots of bandwidth and network related stats.

Thanks for your replies 8) ... There is next questions:

1) How to Disable scoreboard? (for ex: scoreboard in samp send a lot of unused info to player and makes sync go down on large RPG servers with a lot of people...)

2) MTA server sends to client various types of packets. The problem is how to disable "unused" synchronizations - vehicle door damages, traffic lights, etc...

3) Is it possible to write modes in c++ rather than lua (and how to do this) ? - reason - large RPG logic core needs a lot of calculations... There is a method in samp already that allows to write gamemodes in c++ - it is named "wrapper plugin"...

1) Write "stop scoreboard" in the console, or disable it by script.

2) Code them clientside: Most of the clientside scripted stuff isn't synched between other players.

3) SA:MP allows this method because Pawn is extremely slow. Other than that, LUA is some really, really fast scripting engine. You can actually make a lot of calculations, even every frame the game renders if you want. No problems. I don't think there's a need for C++ because LUA is so fast.

you can write things in c++ too. there is something called Module SDK, which is included with MTA installation. Idk how to use it though. Give it a try!

In my (unfinished) gamemode I'm doing A LOT of calculations every frame generated and I don't see any slow down because of this. Stick with Lua, until you really need to modify core of MTA.

you can write things in c++ too. there is something called Module SDK, which is included with MTA installation. Idk how to use it though. Give it a try!

In my (unfinished) gamemode I'm doing A LOT of calculations every frame generated and I don't see any slow down because of this. Stick with Lua, until you really need to modify core of MTA.

Wait, what? There are client-side modules? *wipes glasses*