Problems With MTA:VC Stunt Map

Guest Twigglesworth

I'm being extra careful to abide by the rules :P I'm pretty enthusiastic about playing Vice City online.

In short, I'm able to play the Vice City Deathmatch arena perfectly on both of my machines, and they work together on the same server with no hitches.

But, my brand new spanking computer doesn't like the Vice City Stunt arena while my older one plays it fine.

Here's the OS/SP details for the new and old comps:

New

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2, completely updated as of 14th June 2005

Old

Windows XP Professional, No service packs, no updates (come on, it doesn't even have a floppy drive or CD drive :P )

My VC version is 1.0 on both machines, but I'm reasonably confident that the patch isn't an issue because both machines run the Vice City deathmatch arena fine.

The error in detail happens every time I press start game on a VC:Stunt server. I'm able to get to the menu screen, and it lets me click away; but when "Start Multi Theft Auto" is clicked, it loads up fine, changes display as if the game has loaded, the yellow "Connected" text drops down halfway in the top left hand corner...then VC shuts down and tells me the same ol' info that error reports have been disabled for MTA 0.5.

I have a copy of GTA3, which I can always try out, but atm I'm using two different copies of GTA:VC (mine and a friends') because I was hoping to get a few LAN games up and running for me and some friends. Seeing as I only have one copy of GTA3, LAN games would be out of the question :P But, if needs be, I could test out MTA with GTA3 and see if there are any problems there. I'll probably end up doing that anyway, of course :lol:

Thanks for any help you can give me, I'm looking forward to getting this problem fixed.

Better bump it, with some added info. Now, neither VC Deathmatch or Stunt works. Vice City is pretty much a clean install, and I reinstalled MTA without the Error Report only for Windows to ask me to report the error :P