grand theft auto sa requires at least directx version 9.0

Rob0

Question

anyone solved this error for server 2012 r2? "grand theft auto sa requires at least directx version 9.0"'

Leading Theory says to do this:

"Open Control Panel

GOTO programs

Next click on Turn Window features ON or OFF

it would bring an administrative prompt click on YES

Under it look for Legacy Component

just click on it and it would automatically adds Direct play ...

Click on OK and dats all"

"Open Control Panel

GOTO programs

Next click on Turn Window features ON or OFF

it would bring....: Server Window! And no idea how to do the rest or get my MTA sever running.

help?

4 answers to this question

CCW, thanks, i ran the web installer now after installing 1974 1962 on top of server 2102 r2s base setup and the web installer says and "DirectX setup has determined that a newer or equivalent version of DirectX has been installed already. No installation is necessary." The message remains as it did at first install of san andreas, first thing after OS install. grand theft auto sa requires at least directx version 9.0. the .asi based silent patch 11 fixed this but mta wont start with it in. So how to get the client to work on this machine?

got it to work after installing dotnet35 and DirectPlay in Server Manager, however... I only got san andreas to work. MTA 7185 starts, i press server browse and the program locks up in a matter of seconds with only a power off curing it. should i down grade?