MTA and Malwarebytes

Skullmaster2010

Question

I'm unsure if this is in the right section but i'll post this anyway, I have just installed MTA and have been playing on it all evening. I played on about 8 different servers in total, anyway I am playing on my dad's PC which has Malwarebytes installed, and since I closed down the game the computer has constantly been saying "Malwarebytes has blocked access to a potentially malicious site" then mentions "application: gta_sa.exe" and now i'm very skeptical and fearing that MTA (or one of the servers) may have given the PC a virus. can anyone provide me any explanation as to why this is happening? is it a virus? is it a server glitch? or is it a firewall mismatch with Malwarebytes? somebody help me

Thanks

2 answers to this question

• MTA Team

Don't worry, 'blocking access to a potentially malicious site' is not the same as getting a Virus.

It looks like Malwarebytes took some precautionary measures which are probably unfounded. However, we would like to be sure, so are there any logs in Malwarebytes with more information about what happened? Like IP address and suspected filename?

It kept saying gta_sa as the suspected application but didn't go into detail on what file. It had a different IP address almost every time, however I've been thinking and I had been playing for about 5 or 6 hours in total, so maybe it was communications from the servers it was highlighting as potentially malicious but it was spamming all of them after I'd closed the game, if you get what I mean. Thanks for the help and I will continue to play for ages to come :D