[SOLVED] was: Latest patch not working with TriDef (3D TV)

DaStone

Question

Hi,

I have a stereoscopic monitor (from LG with 3D glasses) and to enable 3D separation I use the driver from TriDef 3D (V.1.8.1 for LG Monitors)

I've been playing with 1.3.1 happily and when I bought the monitor and installed TriDef I added the MTA SA exe to the TriDef laucher and it worked great, adding a whole new dimension to GTA SA, litterally! :-)

Anyway, at some point in late january MTA SA said there was an update (1.3.1.4939) so I installed it and from that point on I wasn't able to get the Stereo 3D mode activated at all with MTA SA launched by TriDef.

I reverted to the one (v1.3.1.4710) I had before the update and it worked fine again but then each times I started it it asked if I wanted to install the update and some server refused to let me in unless I installed some update.

I then tried to install the latest nightly beta (1.3.1.5059) to see, but that one too would not allow TriDef to load so I still could not switch the video to stereo.

After some secret incantations, a little rain dance and a messy sacrifice to the Great Amiga to whom (or what) I owe my magic touch with reluctant machines, I decided to replace just the loader.dll 5059 with the one from 4710 and TriDef started working again :-)

So, long story short, something changed, most likely in loader.dll.

Chances are the devs don't use 3D monitors with TriDef or they'd have noticed the issue so if you need me to test some beta version to see if they solve the problem, I'll be happy to help!

Edited by Guest

9 answers to this question

While I'm downloading the 3 drivers I thought I should document what I found out with the nightly updates

Also, could you install previous nightlies (see https://nightly.multitheftauto.com) and find out which one MTA stops working?

I reinstalled the full 4710 from scratch but it wouldn't work with TriDef. I then went back and forth between 4710 and 5059 but it just wouldn't work.

Since at one point it was working I figured I'd repeat the steps I took before, so I re-installed 5059, got not no 3D from TriDef as expected, then put the 4710 loader.dll back and got 3D again, but only for that one session. As soon as I quit MTA and relaunch it, the 3D doesn't work unless I systematically repeat those two steps:

1) Start MTA with any recent version of loader.dll (no 3D)

2) Replace the loader with an old one and start MTA again (3D works)

Weird stuff! At least now that I had some kind of consistent test case I started going up with the versions to find which one was the last one working. The two-step trick above works with older versions up to loader.dll 4779 which is the last one that still works. Starting with 4781 that trick doesn't work, for that matter I can use 4781 as the "newer" version that won't work and alternate with "4779" as the "older" version that will work so something changed after 4779.

It doesn't explain why it only works once, maybe that behavior will change after I reboot the computer, which I'll have to do after installing the driver updates but I wanted to at least report my current findings.

After rebooting the behavior remains the same.

For now I created two MTA installs, one with the new loader and one with the old loader, that way I can just launch the new one and quit then launch the old one and play in 3D without having to rename the loader each times.

Please install the following:

Provide another MTADiag log after installing.

Here's the new log: http://pastebin.com/W8Xsk2hN