Low FPS

FalcoNN

Question

8 answers to this question

http://pastebin.com/2L9thgF5

Now my game runs in a small centered square with black borders. I know I have to change the scalling options, but there are no such options in the Notebook Properties Panel - Attributes. It used to be there on my old drivers. I've also found a "Scale to full screen" option in Avivo Video - Theater mode, but the option is not available.

Edited by Guest

All drivers and the BIOS updated successfully except the touchpad driver. That one isn't critical and should not impact FPS in any way (I just provide all possible driver updates to be thorough), but you can try installing it again if you'd like.

Do all games run in a scaled manner, or just GTA:SA? Try deleting your gta_sa.set in the GTA San Andreas User Files folder in your Documents library and see if GTA:SA looks any different.

Is performance so terrible that a resolution lower than 1280x800 actually helps?

If you absolutely require scaling options, perhaps check your BIOS settings (generally del, F2, or F10 at the initial "Dell" splash screen after powering on your laptop) for such an option.

If that doesn't work, I'll find an older or the original video driver later today, it's 3:21 am and I need to sleep now.

Thanks for the response.

I followed these instructions:

1. Launch ATI Catalyst Control Center.

2. If it's not already in "Basic" mode, switch it to "Basic" mode (via the "View -> Basic View" menu item at the top left).

3. Once you're in Basic mode, you will see these three tabs along the top:

- Easy Setup Wizards

- Quick Settings

- Information Center

4. Go to the "Quick Settings" tab, and you will see three settings in the left-hand side:

- 3D Quality

- Video Playback

- Notebook Panel Properties

5. Choose "Notebook Panel Properties", and then in the right-hand side you will see "Resize the desktop to fit the display panel".

6. Click on "Resize the desktop to fit the display panel" to select it, and then press the "Go >" button.

7. You will now be on the "Desktop Image for Notebook Displays" screen, where you can select from the following options:

- Do not resize

- Resize to fit the display panel

- Resize, but keep the image's original dimensions (aspect ratio)

8. Choose an option, and click the "Finish" button.

The "Do not resize" option was chosen. I changed it to "Resize to fit the display panel" and clicked "Finish"

After that, I launched MTA and it was still the same. Then I went again to "Desktop Image for Notebook Displays" and the "Do not resize" option was selected again by itself. I read the other posts below these instructions, seems like other people have the same problem. It's a driver bug I think. Maybe I have to downgrade to an older driver or just play this way.

EDIT: I fixed it! I don't know how but I did it. I uninstalled everything and I right-clicked on the video adapter and then "Update Drivers" in Device Manager. It installed the same drivers, but now I can play in full screen. Thank you very much for spending time and helping! :)