Small problem with a command

Eshtiz

I'm making a command to show the 'Admin' who used it the 'report commands', but the thing is, it shows to everyone online and that's really not what I'm trying to accomplish, trying to make it visible to only him if he uses it.

Here's the script:

function reportHelp(thePlayer) 
    if (exports.global:isPlayerAdmin(thePlayer)) then 
    outputChatBox("~-~-~-~-~-~ Report Commands ~-~-~-~-~", showPlayer, 255, 194, 14) 

outputChatBox("/reports       -     display reports", showPlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    outputChatBox("/ri [id]       -     report info", showPlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    outputChatBox("/tr [id]       -     transfer report", showPlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    outputChatBox("/cr [id]       -     close report", showPlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    outputChatBox("/ar [id]       -     accept report", showPlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    outputChatBox("/dr [id]       -     drop report", showPlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    outputChatBox("/fr [id]       -     false report", showPlayer, 255, 194, 14) 

end 
end 
addCommandHandler("rh", reportHelp) 

I'm making a command to show the 'Admin' who used it the 'report commands', but the thing is, it shows to everyone online and that's really not what I'm trying to accomplish, trying to make it visible to only him if he uses it.

Here's the script:

outputChatBox("~-~-~-~-~-~ Report Commands ~-~-~-~-~", showPlayer, 255, 194, 14) 

outputChatBox("/reports       -     display reports", showPlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    outputChatBox("/ri [id]       -     report info", showPlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    outputChatBox("/tr [id]       -     transfer report", showPlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    outputChatBox("/cr [id]       -     close report", showPlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    outputChatBox("/ar [id]       -     accept report", showPlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    outputChatBox("/dr [id]       -     drop report", showPlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    outputChatBox("/fr [id]       -     false report", showPlayer, 255, 194, 14) 

end 
end 

Where do you get "showPlayer" from?

The correct way is:

outputChatBox("~-~-~-~-~-~ Report Commands ~-~-~-~-~", thePlayer, 255, 194, 14) 

outputChatBox("/reports       -     display reports", thePlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    outputChatBox("/ri [id]       -     report info", thePlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    outputChatBox("/tr [id]       -     transfer report", thePlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    outputChatBox("/cr [id]       -     close report", thePlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    outputChatBox("/ar [id]       -     accept report", thePlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    outputChatBox("/dr [id]       -     drop report", thePlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    outputChatBox("/fr [id]       -     false report", thePlayer, 255, 194, 14) 

end 
end 

Notice that I replaced showPlayer with thePlayer

Read here exactly how the outputChatBox function works: https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/OutputChatBox

Hope I could help you :-)

Eshtiz,showPlayer variable is nil in your script.

in function outputChatBox you need use 2 argument is element.But you use showPlayer then outputChatBox function not work , return false.

in /debugscript 3 would be shown the errors , but you not use.