call outputChatBox to nil

Klesh

Hello, im asking for example in a wrote function, its created an a display outputChatBox("........, executed when command is called, then i want to cancel later that outputChatBox, someone have a easier way to set that outputChatBox created to nil or false, i dont want to show it when i cancel that.

Yes i want to remove the outputChatBox, when time is passed, is for a antispam system, remove that outputChatBox, i was made it, by other stuff, but the display show it, i dont want that.

--example 
function antiSpam(commandName) 
outputChatBox("*"..getPlayerName(source).."Has change his nick..", g_Root, 255, 255, 0, true)--example when player changenick 
if (getTickCount(source, 10000)) then 
outputChatBox("You use this command every 10 seconds".source, 255, 0, 0, true) 
--how to remove first outputChatBox? 
end 
addEventHandler("onPlayerChangeNick", getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()), antiSpam) 
--I wanna include this system to the joinquit script. 

function antiSpam(commandName) 
outputChatBox("*"..getPlayerName(source).."Has change his nick..", g_Root, 255, 255, 0, true)--example when player changenick 
if (getTickCount(source, 10000)) then 
outputChatBox("You use this command every 10 seconds".source, 255, 0, 0, true) 
cancelEvent()--the change nick is locked, nick no change but it show the message like's it is, but dont. 
end 
addEventHandler("onPlayerChangeNick", getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()), antiSpam) 

Solidsnake isnt thinking... You can't remove a message, but you can cancel it before it outputs... using onPlayerChat... Recreate it... Look at my admin tag script, it will help you with recreating chat... https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p= ... ls&id=2963

Way to go, insulting someone who's been helping people since the beginning of time

He's right actually, you can't cancel/remove outputChatBox's because while this event will gather it, it doesn't support cancellation: https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/OnChatMessage

Also you can't use onPlayerChat because chatting has nothing to do with outputChatBox

just put the timer on this function, when player changed nick - start timer (10sec)

if player use this command again, script told him "You cant change nick, wait 10 sec"

local locktime = 0 

addEventHandler('onClientPlayerChangeNick', root, 
    function(oldNick, newNick) 
        local locktime = getElementData(source,"LOCKTIME") 
        if locktime == 1 then outputChatBox("You need to wait 10 seconds before use the /nick again",source,255,0,0,true) 
        else 
            outputChatBox('* ' .. oldNick .. ' is now known as ' .. newNick, 255, 100, 100) 
            Lock(source) 
            setTimer ( UnLock, get('locktime')*1000, 1 ,source) 
        end 
    end 
) 

function Lock() 
    setElementData(source,"LOCKTIME",1) 
end 
function UnLock() 
    setElementData(source,"LOCKTIME",0) 
end 

Meta:

<meta> 
    <script src=""  />