Error loading network module!

Pure

Question

Every time when I try to launch MTA, it gives me this error.

Error loading network module! (The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail. 

I tried to Google it, but it seems like no one has ever encountered this. However, I saw a similar topic and someone said that copying netc.dll to your GTA directory would fix it. So I tried it, but it gave me yet another error.

Load failed. netc.dll exists in the GTA directory. Please delete before continuing. 

How do I fix it?

12 answers to this question

What version are you trying to install?

Where did you get the installer from?

If its a unstable/untested build, have you installed the most recent data files and most recent unstable/untested build to the same location?

This is an uncommon error something I haven't seen before, you'll have to wait for somebody with more expertise to reply.

While you're waiting you could try checking event viewer for any further information as according to that message there is some: "Please see the application event log for more detail." well I'm guessing it means event viewer as there is no other "application event log"

• MTA Team

If you are still having problems, please do the following so we can find out why:

1. Download Process Monitor from here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... s/bb896645

2. Unzip

3. Download https://nightly.multitheftauto.com/files/ProcmonM ... ration.pmc and put it into the Process Monitor directory

4. Start Procmon.exe, and select the menu item 'File->Import Configuration'

5. Select the 'ProcmonMTAConfiguration.pmc' file and press 'Open'

6. Now start MTA and get to the error

7. Go back to the Process Monitor window and select the menu item 'File->Save...'

8. Press the 'Ok' button in the next window

9. Rar or Zip the file 'Logfile.PML' (with a password if possible) and get it to me somehow

This is what I found:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Users\Matis\Desktop\Documents\Games\GTA San Andreas\MTA\mta\netc.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.OpenMP,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis. 

Before you posted that, I tried to reinstall one more time, now when I try to launch MTA, this error comes up after the splash screen:

GTA: San Andreas: Windows - Unable To Locate Component 

Exception Processing Message 0xc0000135 Parameters 0x762A91B0 0x762A91B0 0x762A91B0 0x762A91B0 

And once I click 'Ok', I get this error:

Error loading network module! (The specified module could not be found.)