Jump to content

EDF Files


DarkLink

Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay guys I am here asking for EDF files documentation, beside this one:

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Edf

Is there any other info teaching scripters how to use this?

I am trying to do something that cant understand how..

I want that mappers when place spawnpoint element, need to choose for which team will be.

So I want to make custom teams beside the map, all maps of this gamemode will have that team X and Y, and everytime they place spawnpoints need to say for which team will be.

And on map file would appear something like this, so I can handle on my lua files :

  
<team name="Police"> 
        <spawnpoint id="spawnpoint (14)" skin="0" posX="923.24896240234" posY="2407.8386230469" posZ="26.800882339478" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="0" /> 
        <spawnpoint id="spawnpoint (14)" skin="0" posX="932.21612548828" posY="2454.58203125" posZ="10.8203125" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="0" /> 
        <spawnpoint id="spawnpoint (15)" skin="0" posX="967.66394042969" posY="2455.8859863281" posZ="10.8203125" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="0" /> 
        <spawnpoint id="spawnpoint (16)" skin="0" posX="950.62976074219" posY="2449.9562988281" posZ="10.8203125" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="0" /> 
        <spawnpoint id="spawnpoint (17)" skin="0" posX="944.82995605469" posY="2457.4929199219" posZ="10.8203125" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="0" /> 
    </team> 
    <team name="Emigrants"> 
        <spawnpoint id="spawnpoint (8)" skin="0" posX="-518.18017578125" posY="2587.4965820313" posZ="53.4140625" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="0" /> 
        <spawnpoint id="spawnpoint (9)" skin="0" posX="-226.75570678711" posY="2601.5900878906" posZ="62.703125" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="0" /> 
        <spawnpoint id="spawnpoint (10)" skin="0" posX="-28.101783752441" posY="2332.1057128906" posZ="24.140625" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="0" /> 
        <spawnpoint id="spawnpoint (11)" skin="0" posX="-510.70172119141" posY="2599.6372070313" posZ="53.415428161621" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="0" /> 
        <spawnpoint id="spawnpoint (12)" skin="0" posX="-215.47108459473" posY="2597.8271484375" posZ="62.703125" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="0" /> 
    </team> 
  
  

Thanks alot guys.

Posted

I'm not sure if it's possible. I know the rcg (rollercoaster generator) resource uses element parents when creating the map, but I believe that's because it's a running script together with the mapeditor.

Edit: Tip: if you don't know how, look somewhere else. Take a look at the edf file of the ctf gamemode, it uses in combination with team elements.

Learn Lua - Learn to script - GUI scripting

Scripter tools - Find/fix errors yourself(!)

Don't pm me for scripting help, keep it for the Scripting subforum!

Posted
I'm not sure if it's possible. I know the rcg (rollercoaster generator) resource uses element parents when creating the map, but I believe that's because it's a running script together with the mapeditor.

Edit: Tip: if you don't know how, look somewhere else. Take a look at the edf file of the ctf gamemode, it uses in combination with team elements.

I notice that its not so easy like I though, wojak explained me, I need exported functions.. and a script running when map editor runs.

I will just use team data notes when creating a spawnpoint, much easier, I guess.

Thanks anyway SDK :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...