Map editor saving problem

Solidk9

Question

Hello!

I have noticed a really annoying and I think is a major bug.

I was making a map with a lot of objects, it had taken me a couple of hours to make it, saved it and quit MTA.

An hour later I fired up the map editor and tried to load the map, when all of a suddon only 20% of the objects were there.

I went in the resource folder and checked the .map file, some of the objects were there and over 200 lines of these:

And this hasn't happened just once, but 4 times!

After the 3rd time it had happened tried to do a clean install of MTA but just happened again.

I probably I wont be getting back the map, but it would be greatly appreciated if I got help to fix this so it will NOT happen again.

EDIT: Apparently the map was in perfect standing in the editor_test folder, thanks SATAN.

5 answers to this question

This bug is known, and has, according to bug report #5214, recently been resolved.

However, the map editor shipped with 1.0.3 and earlier versions most likely aren't updated to this version of the map editor yet. But you can still download the latest version of the official resources right here. Copy all resources from the "editor" folder, and paste them into your server resources folder. Then remove all .zip resources with the same name from your resources folder, and it should be good to go. (although for as far as I know folders always have higher priority than zips, you can't ever be too sure)

Thank you for your reply.

If the problem occurs again I will try notify about it.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Nope, still have the bug.

Even the editor_dump has

I guess I should make them in parts then put them together when i'm finished.

you have to remove all invalid entries before you will continue..

and some tips:

if you start object browser in map editor, DO NOT press Cancel, if you dont want to put object, select any, put it somewhere, and delete it..

before saving your map check in object list if there is a BinNt07_LA objects, if yes - remove them all.

you still cant be 100% sure about your map, but when i discovered all that thigs, i never got any problem anymore, and sucessfully created a lot of maps :)