Hide Player Map

Kayl

I agree with what has been said above.

Because indeed there are two concepts here that were not well explicit while using forcePlayerMap: we have the concept of visibility and the concept of forcing.

From what you guys said and what I think, either we can have:

1. setPlayerMapShowing(bool bShowing)

a. In this scenario, forcing on would require: setPlayerMapShowing(true) + toggleControl("radar",false)

b. Forcing off would require: setPlayerMapShowing(false) + toggleControl("radar",false)

c. And stop forcing would simply require: toggleControl("radar",true)

2. setPlayerMapShowing(bool bShowing,[ bool bForced = false])

a. Forcing on: setPlayerMapShowing(true, true) (player can't use F11, whatever the state of the actual "radar" control)

b. Forcing off: setPlayerMapShowing(false, true) (player can't use F11, whatever the state of the actual "radar" control)

c. Simply showing it: setPlayerMapShowing(true) (player can use F11 however to hide it if they want)

d. Simply hiding it: setPlayerMapShowing(false) (player can use F11 however to show it if they want)

In both scenarios, it seems that forcePlayerMap would become deprecated but its implementation could be changed for it to produce the exact same result as it does know (whether we like the current implementation or not) with the following internal calls:

If scenario 1:

forcePlayerMap(true) = setPlayerMapShowing(true) + toggleControl("radar",false)

forcePlayerMap(false) = toggleControl("radar",true)

If scenario 2:

forcePlayerMap(true) = setPlayerMapShowing(true, true)

forcePlayerMap(false) = setPlayerMapShowing(isPlayerMapVisible(), false)

As for the isPlayerMapShowing I don't think it is necessary, given we already have isPlayerMapVisible and isPlayerMapForced.

And as for the name of setPlayerMapShowing, actually since we have isPlayerMapVisible it could be setPlayerMapVisible (whatever the scenario chosen)

I agree with what has been said above.

Because indeed there are two concepts here that were not well explicit while using forcePlayerMap: we have the concept of visibility and the concept of forcing.

From what you guys said and what I think, either we can have:

1. setPlayerMapShowing(bool bShowing)

a. In this scenario, forcing on would require: setPlayerMapShowing(true) + toggleControl("radar",false)

b. Forcing off would require: setPlayerMapShowing(false) + toggleControl("radar",false)

c. And stop forcing would simply require: toggleControl("radar",true)

2. setPlayerMapShowing(bool bShowing,[ bool bForced = false])

a. Forcing on: setPlayerMapShowing(true, true) (player can't use F11, whatever the state of the actual "radar" control)

b. Forcing off: setPlayerMapShowing(false, true) (player can't use F11, whatever the state of the actual "radar" control)

c. Simply showing it: setPlayerMapShowing(true) (player can use F11 however to hide it if they want)

d. Simply hiding it: setPlayerMapShowing(false) (player can use F11 however to show it if they want)

In both scenarios, it seems that forcePlayerMap would become deprecated but its implementation could be changed for it to produce the exact same result as it does know (whether we like the current implementation or not) with the following internal calls:

If scenario 1:

forcePlayerMap(true) = setPlayerMapShowing(true) + toggleControl("radar",false)

forcePlayerMap(false) = toggleControl("radar",true)

If scenario 2:

forcePlayerMap(true) = setPlayerMapShowing(true, true)

forcePlayerMap(false) = setPlayerMapShowing(isPlayerMapVisible(), false)

As for the isPlayerMapShowing I don't think it is necessary, given we already have isPlayerMapVisible and isPlayerMapForced.

And as for the name of setPlayerMapShowing, actually since we have isPlayerMapVisible it could be setPlayerMapVisible (whatever the scenario chosen)