Game used to work fine, now crashes after splash screen.

Guest Prototype

I've been playing MTA:SA since the 2.1DP release and never had any problems. I go to play today, and it crashes out after the splash screen, giving the familiar XP chord, but no visible error screen. Checked processes, and nothing is there out of the ordinary. I checked other threads in this section, tried deleting the .cfg file and making a new one in single player, I made sure the NVidia program wasn't running, ect. Nothing works.

I have GTA:SA 1.0, Windows XP, and can run singleplayer just fine at any setting. I tried changing it over to 800x600, and didn't fix it.

Worst part is, absolutely nothing has changed on this system since the last time I played a few days ago. No new programs, haven't downloaded anything, haven't made any changes at all. Any ideas?

Hmmm... Your MTA install might be corrupted for some reason... =/

Anyway, also tried some new drivers for video cards etc? They probably won't help, but they won't hurt either! :P

And was this happening only once, or more than once? Also, had MTA crashed before the crash-at-splash?

I thought it might be corrupted, so I completely uninstalled both MTA and GTA, then reinstalled them both, but that didn't fix anything.

I tried a few older drivers, but there are not any newer ones to try, none work.

Occasionally on a few servers it would crash out, but would work fine afterwords. As for this crash, everytime after the splash it crashes. I've tried rebooting, safemode, disabling everything under startup in msconfig, ect.

Any other ideas?