Noob Install Question

Guest Iceytruth

Sorry if this is a load of stupid questions that may have been said before.

So I installed Mta on my computer which I have been playing for a couple of weeks now...absolutley awesome!

My bro decided that he wanted MTA as well for his computer. He got the game but when I tried installing MTA the same way I did on mine it didn't want to work. Double click the MTA shortcut and it would just come up saying something like "serial unknown. Please re-install MTA". Reading through this forum it seems like there is a serial system that has to be done before you can play the game. This only confuses me as I havent had to do anything with serial codes for my version, which as I said i've been playing for weeks :?

What do you guys think the problem might be? Any help would be great!

Peace out,

Icey

Sorry if this is a load of stupid questions that may have been said before.

So I installed Mta on my computer which I have been playing for a couple of weeks now...absolutley awesome!

My bro decided that he wanted MTA as well for his computer. He got the game but when I tried installing MTA the same way I did on mine it didn't want to work. Double click the MTA shortcut and it would just come up saying something like "serial unknown. Please re-install MTA". Reading through this forum it seems like there is a serial system that has to be done before you can play the game. This only confuses me as I havent had to do anything with serial codes for my version, which as I said i've been playing for weeks :?

What do you guys think the problem might be? Any help would be great!

Peace out,

Icey

Which version did you try to install? If you installed DP2.3, it shouldn't give this error. Reinstall? If you installed a version < DP2.3, install DP2.3 now. (uninstall the current one first)

Ok yup I was clever enough to install the wrong patch lol. That worked thanks mate.

One last thing, its now installed, again click the shortcut and it comes up with the "stop playing with your self" then it says insert correct disc even though the normal game disc is in the disc drive :S

What do you think?

Icey