Game crashes before getting in the menu.

Guest Thaxor

Well. First when i installed it. The game just froze in the menu screen. After i made the coreconfig.xml file and changed the numbers in it. it crashes before i even get in the menu. It gives me an error message and then on the right down corner it says my graphic card stopped responding.

Put if i delete the coreconfig.xml it just freezes on the menu screen

And after i put it again it crashes before even seeing the menu.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9214/proofoo8.jpg

The single player works fine and sa-mp.

What can i do ??

-------------------------------------------------------

Using a notebook.

Operation system: Windows vista home premium 32bit

Graphic card: Ati mobility hd3470

Yeah it's weird. I have reinstalled it couple times, but the coreconfig file doesn't come in the install so i have to put it manually. But even when i change the numbers it won't work.

By the way when you look at the error picture it says something about Microsoft visual c++ runtime library error. What could that mean?

My coreconfig.xml

Player

0 0 128 100

0 0 191 110

1.000000 1.000000

172 213 254 255

172 213 254 255

EDIT***

Still not working.

Now i tried another setting.

Now i don't get the runtime error anymore and i can see the menu screen, but it just closes it immediatly and says about the graphic card not responding.

• 3 weeks later...

It is probably not this but... are you running GTA or MTA in a compatibility mode by chance? Assuming vista even supports compatibility, I have no idea.

I run GTA single in win98 mode otherwise my mouse doesnt work. But for MTA, I have to run GTA and MTA in winNT mode to work. Sometimes I forget to set GTA back to NT compat after using 98 for single player. That will cause the runtime error crash before reaching the main menu in MTA for me.

If you aren't using any compat modes, then I have no idea.