Halt after MTA splash screen

Guest sanandreasfan

I have a problem described here:

http://development.mtasa.com/index.php? ... sh_screens

Halt after MTA splash screen

* Nothing happens after the 'Stop playing with yourself' splash screen

If you use nVidia GeForce, try turning off nView Desktop Manager before starting MTA.

Also try deleting GTA San Andreas settings file ("gta_sa.set") in "Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files" folder

and I have a question about gta_sa.set. How to set up for example better resolution in MTA, because 800x600 is really weak. When I do some settings (in single player), and store it in gta_sa.set file MTA won't start as described in quote above. When I delete gta_sa.set file MTA working ok, but I don't like play low res. like 800x600, mouse invert is pain in the @ss too.

So... What to do to change game settings in MTA:SA??

Thanks!

For resolution: I always get a pop-up screen from GTA before I can start MTA, since I have dual-screen.

The other way is setting the resolution higher in GTA itself. Just start plain GTA, go to options and do what ya wanna do.

Unfortunately it is not working for me. I did like you and faq said and still nothing.

My version of GTA:SA is european 1.0 @ WinXP Pro

:roll:

For resolution: I always get a pop-up screen from GTA before I can start MTA, since I have dual-screen.

The other way is setting the resolution higher in GTA itself. Just start plain GTA, go to options and do what ya wanna do.

Unfortunately it is not working for me. I did like you and faq said and still nothing.

My version of GTA:SA is european 1.0 @ WinXP Pro

:roll:

Can you describe why it didn't work? You were unable to start GTA? Or something? Or didn't the resolution change?

Ok, from the beginning. I:

- deleted old gta_sa.set file, because it may causing problems described here: http://development.mtasa.com/index.php? ... ash_screen

- generated new gta_sa.set under clean, singleplayer GTA:SA game, filled with my specific options (resolution 1024x768, viewing distance, invert mouse, etc, etc.)

- launched MTA:SA and...

MTA "stop playing youself" appear, then window with "MTA: San andreas" title for about 2-3 sec., and then fullscreen black window fo 1 sec. After that nothing happens.

Thats all. It looks like I can not play while gta_sa.set is present on the system.

:(