Install error

Guest Lysdal

Hi,

Why do i get this message the installing MTA:SA: "Your computer is already associated with another account. Please login using the account that was already registered." ???

This is my first account EVER created and the first time i tried to install it...

Can anyone help me??

Read the post further then...... It clearly says:

If you have no serial filled on mtabeta.com(here): Leave here a request with your username

Don't forget that you have to install mta using your community.multitheftauto.com (mtabeta.com) account to get a serial, you don't get it as soon as you register on the site.

http://mtavc.com/dllib/download.php

did u download it from here

it should just start the installer when u double click it :D

with the serial number problem u need to speak to LIL TOADY

he helped me LOADS !!

if LIL TOADY has already made u a serail number then u need to use regedit to put the details in

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Multi Theft Auto San Andreas

u should already have 2 entries

u need to right click select new string value then right click new entry select rename and make 1 called serial and 1 called username then right click and modify username ( put your username in ) then right click and modify serial ( put your serial number in )

run the install again and it should work \ hope thats not confusing but if it is im here most days so i will help if i can :D

• 3 weeks later...

That's one thing which bothers me. I'm stuck in an impossible situation because apparently, the solution to "Your computer is already associated with another account[...]" is in that link you provided. All it tells me though is to install MTA, which can't be done because of the quoted message, even though I've registered only one account. I'm not seeing a way around this anywhere. :(

from what ive seen the only way around it is to put the registry entries in yourself if you already have an account with MTA beta. the problem is u need to do the registry before u try the install ( details below )

i had to do a XP reinstall and lost my serial number ( also couldnt remember password ) so lil toady looked up the accounts associated to my IP address and sent me the passwords

if u have the username and password for MTA beta just log in to that and get your serial number from your profile and then put username and serial into registry before u try to install MTA

u need to open regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ then create a new key ( select SOFTWARE right click for menu ) rename the key ( Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas )

then open that key and right click again and make 2 new string values

edit one and rename it to username then right click and modify ( put username in )

edit second one and rename it to serial then modify and put in serial number

then if u install MTA again it should have username already filled in so just use that account and u should be fine

if like me u have lost password / username u need to put a serial request in here

https://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=21435

hope that helps :D