Output a JSON string without brackets

FlorinSzasz

Hi guys!

I try to output a string from json but what i get is  [ [ { "CapturePoints": 1100 } ] ] and [ [ { "CapturePoints": 600 } ] ] all i want is to remove the brackets 

if i use fromJSON i get something like this  table: 070593C8 and table: 070593F0.

Here is the code

cappoints = function ()
	local Query = dbQuery(db,"SELECT SUM(capturepoints) AS CapturePoints FROM grove")
	local Query2 = dbQuery(db,"SELECT SUM(capturepoints) AS CapturePoints FROM ballas")
	local rezultat = dbPoll(Query,-1)
	local rezultat2 = dbPoll(Query2,-1)
	local abc = toJSON(rezultat)
	local abc2 = toJSON(rezultat2)
	setElementData(source,"suma",abc)
  	setElementData(source,"suma2",abc2)
    outputChatBox(""..string.gsub(abc,"[[{}]]","").."",source)
  	outputChatBox(""..string.gsub(abc2,"[[{}]]","").."",source)

end

addEventHandler("onPlayerJoin",root,cappoints)

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help me! :D

There is no built-in functions (perhaps other than inspect but that works recursively and returns a string with brackets) which does what you want; so, you must write your own. What you'll want in such function is to create a string, and concatenate/append to it each key and value pair that meets certain conditions (i.e. that it's a printable value, such as a string or number, not a table) separated by a colon and a space, and return the finalised string; then the caller function can print out the return.

Edited by Addlibs

I try to get the value from the table or if i can remove the curly-brackets i am close but not there yet :))

cappoints = function ()
	local Query = dbQuery(db,"SELECT SUM(capturepoints) AS CapturePoints FROM grove")
	local Query2 = dbQuery(db,"SELECT SUM(capturepoints) AS CapturePoints FROM ballas")
	local rezultat = dbPoll(Query,-1)
	local rezultat2 = dbPoll(Query2,-1)
    ------
    for _, name in ipairs(rezultat) do
    local a = inspect(name)
    local string = string.gsub(a,"{","")
    local string2 = string.gsub(a,"}","")
    iprint(a)
    outputDebugString(""..string2.."")
    end
end

addEventHandler("onResourceStart",root,cappoints)

i changed the code to debug faster.  now i get "{\n  CapturePoints = 1100\n}" from iprint

and  "{ CapturePoints = 1100 " from debug string output one more bracket left :))

Edited by FlorinSzasz
local function tableToString(table, bIgnoreKey)
  -- if bIgnoreKey is true, the function won't print the key name, useful only in list-like tables where
  -- the key is sequential and/or unused

local str = ""
  for k, v in pairs(table) do
    if (type(k) == "string" or type(k) == "number") and (type(v) == "string" or type(v) == "number") then
      -- only add to string if both key and value are printable strings or numbers
      -- this ignores userdata, tables, elements, etc, so if you want them, you'll have to extend this
      -- function yourself

if type(v) == "string" then
        -- add double quotation marks (" ... ") before and after a string value
        v = '"' .. v .. '"'
      end

-- append key followed by colon and space if not ignored, then the value, a comma and space to the draft string
      str = str .. (bIgnoreKey and "" or (k .. ": ")) .. v .. ", "
    end
  end

-- return the draft string with last two characters omitted (trailing comma and space)
  return str:sub(0, -2)
end

Does this function produce strings that you're looking for? Given you seem to want to print data out of a SQL query, I'm assuming you don't need functionality for printing userdata, elements, etc. only the standard printable types like string and number, right?

local theTable = { CapturePoints = 1002 }
outputChatBox(tableToString(theTable)) -- CapturePoints: 1002

local theTable = { CapturePoints = 1002, anotherKey = "someValue", ["key with spaces"] = 53.2 }
outputChatBox(tableToString(theTable)) -- key with spaces: 53.2, anotherKey: "someValue", CapturePoints: 1002
-- note that the order is not guaranteed and can be different everytime the table changes and at different
-- run times

While this answers your question, it does seem a little over-engineered if all you're interested in is printing a single value out of the table, in which case it would be much simpler and faster to simply write

if rezultat and rezultat.CapturePoints then
  outputChatBox("CapturePoints: " .. rezultat.CapturePoints)
else
  outputChatBox("Failed to get CapturePoints")
end

Edited by Addlibs
  • Thanks 1

Thank You So Much GIF by megan motown

i also looked up on wiki at that function didnt know how to modify it for my need. Thank you !! IT WORKS :D.

I will use the string to make a 3D text with gang CapturePoints in ballas and grove gang base. In the past i did it but in a simple way and now i got back to scripting and i lost my last backup with scripts so i have to remade some of them and to fix this thing again :D  .

Thx Again!!!