RenderWare Texture Chunk Documentation

The_GTA

Hello MTA community,

I have decided to share my internal RenderWare texture chunk documentation for some of the platforms that I have been researching. The documentation that I share is very complete and can be taken as reference for implementing your own parser. Algorithms for the contained data structures are not explained. Now that there is a new engine for the original 3D GTA Trilogy I see that the RenderWare research might not be as valuable anymore. But this information might help in getting back support for the old formats into the new engine, if MTA would ever be ported to it.

The documentation is shared as .PDF documents, some of them having to be viewed as double-page. I appologize for the awkward format but I could not export it in a better way.

Based on my own stance, I don't mind whatever you want to do with that information. The described data structures themselves are containers and thus do not essentially portray valuable intellectual property. Some of the data structures or algorithms are further explained in confidentially-shared documents of the vendor companies. You might have to consult these if you want further information.

Have fun!

Edited by The_GTA
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, mucuk6547 said:

I changed a tree model from the GTA3.IMG file, but it doesn't appear in mta, why do you think?

Hello mucuk6547,

your question is out-of-topic. It sounds like a question that is either related to MTA in general or scripting integration. Please consider opening up another topic in the appropriate section about your inquiry!