Visual Studio 2022 has just been released!

The_GTA

Hello developers,

I have just found out today about the launch of Visual Studio 2022. There appears to be a launch event along a featured livestream aswell. (Kind of psycho how Bing is tracking URL-clicks using newtabredir-redirection now similar to Google). But more interestingly there is a list of changes. It is a bunch of bla-bla and if you just want my word for it, as professional a user I am, then go for the upgrade. Give it a try. They did not mess it up and it looks much more beautiful than before. Do not forget to reconfigure the IDE options (turn off automatic formatting, disable Git addon, set to use spaces and not tabs) though because they do not take over these settings!

visual-studio-2022.png

If you don't like crammed source lines, as displayed in the above picture due to the fatter and more readable font, then consider increasing the distance of source lines in the IDE configuration.

vs2022-avoid-crammed-source-lines.png

Or just switch back to the good-old Consolas font. It works better in my opinion, even if it is a very fine detail related to the spacing on the top.

Have fun!

Edited by The_GTA