MTA Crashing

echwilowy

Question

12 answers to this question

Could you please provide a screenshot of the crash message (if any)?

Also, are you using a pirated/cracked version of GTA SA? Because I noticed that your GTA path leads to inside Epic Games folder? It looks kinda suspicious to me.

Edited by Vampiiree
Added another question as an attempt to figure out his problem.
12 hours ago, Vampiiree said:

Could you please provide a screenshot of the crash message (if any)?

Also, are you using a pirated/cracked version of GTA SA? Because I noticed that your GTA path leads to inside Epic Games folder? It looks kinda suspicious to me.

The code is visible but only for a few seconds I would like to add that with this crash, the screen often turns green or some stripes. Once I got the 0x004A1ED4 error

The game is in this folder due to the fact that I have almost all the games there, I don't even use the epic games launcher.

The problem has been around for 2 days.

... Because I noticed that your GTA path leads to inside Epic Games folder? It looks kinda suspicious to me.

Hey, maybe we got it all wrong! That guy could just be saying that Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is an "epic game", completely detached from that same-named company! But what do I know. In hindsight I find it funny to read this implication. Also it was funny how the user did totally ignore your question, but has edited his post to address it.

An interesting point about his report log appears to be the error code 0xE0000008. What does this custom HRESULT mean?

Edited by The_GTA
1 hour ago, echwilowy said:

The code is visible but only for a few seconds I would like to add that with this crash, the screen often turns green or some stripes. Once I got the 0x004A1ED4 error

The game is in this folder due to the fact that I have almost all the games there, I don't even use the epic games launcher.

The problem has been around for 2 days.

Oh, right. I got it wrong, my bad! I thought it was the Epic Games store but instead you were just labelling your games folder as "epic".

So, I checked the crash error you mentioned 0x004A1ED4 and it happens due to "out of system memory (RAM)", it could the server you were playing has badly optimized scripts or you have low RAM (could be both).

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Vampiiree said:

Oh, right. I got it wrong, my bad! I thought it was the Epic Games store but instead you were just labelling your games folder as "epic".

So, I checked the crash error you mentioned 0x004A1ED4 and it happens due to "out of system memory (RAM)", it could the server you were playing has badly optimized scripts or you have low RAM (could be both).

But how? The server has always worked fine. Ram does not exceed the use of 3Gb / 16.

Server are constantly being modified, mods are added, scripts are changed and poorly created stuff usually consume a lot of RAM (more than expected) and can cause that crash. The best thing is to inform the owner of the server that this crash is constantly appearing (possibly other people may be suffering) so that it can be diagnosed and resolved.

You could also try putting your MTA in window mode and open the task manager at the same time to check if memory usage is too high (it may be eating RAM really fast).

Edited by Vampiiree
Typo

Next error:

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, Vampiiree said:

Server are constantly being modified, mods are added, scripts are changed and poorly created stuff usually consume a lot of RAM (more than expected) and can cause that crash. The best thing is to inform the owner of the server that this crash is constantly appearing (possibly other people may be suffering) so that it can be diagnosed and resolved.

You could also try putting your MTA in window mode and open the task manager at the same time to check if memory usage is too high (it may be eating RAM really fast).

The server is mine, nothing has been changed recently. The use of RAM memory is 1.6gb max

edit: 3,1GB

7 minutes ago, echwilowy said:

The server is mine, nothing has been changed recently. The use of RAM memory is 1.6gb max

Just making sure: with use of RAM do you mean the entire Windows OS or the MTA client application (gta_sa.exe) only? Or did you accidentally state the RAM usage of the server instead?

Just now, The_GTA said:

Just making sure: with use of RAM do you mean the entire Windows OS or the MTA client application (gta_sa.exe) only? Or did you accidentally state the RAM usage of the server instead?

I mean the RAM by the game, all over the computer, no more than 7.6b / 16gb

next crash:

Code = 0xE06D7363
Offset = 0x0037D714

EAX=0177F1A8  EBX=19930520  ECX=00000003  EDX=00000000  ESI=00018E71
EDI=63B1D714  EBP=0177F204  ESP=0177F1A8  EIP=76FAEAE2  FLG=00200212
CS=0023   DS=002B  SS=002B  ES=002B   FS=0053  GS=002B

24 minutes ago, echwilowy said:

I mean the RAM by the game, all over the computer, no more than 7.6b / 16gb

next crash:

Code = 0xE06D7363
Offset = 0x0037D714

EAX=0177F1A8  EBX=19930520  ECX=00000003  EDX=00000000  ESI=00018E71
EDI=63B1D714  EBP=0177F204  ESP=0177F1A8  EIP=76FAEAE2  FLG=00200212
CS=0023   DS=002B  SS=002B  ES=002B   FS=0053  GS=002B

Please note that in general, any crash with exception code 0xE06D7363 (on an MTA module, and not gta_sa.exe like this wiki page is focussed on) is also a memory-related issue, and comes back to the memory abuse by servers and mods described above.

Source: https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Famous_crash_offsets_and_their_meaning

There are more information about your crash code on MTA discord: https://discord.com/channels/278474088903606273/278521065435824128/639517303163191316

Edited by Vampiiree
Added discord source to the mentioned crash code error
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, echwilowy said:

edit: 3,1GB

Since by that number you mean the amount of game RAM please mind that the MTA client is not allowed to allocate more than 4GB of RAM. This is because GTA San Andreas is a 32bit game. It does not matter to the game that you have more than 4GB of RAM available on your system.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Vampiiree said:

Please note that in general, any crash with exception code 0xE06D7363 (on an MTA module, and not gta_sa.exe like this wiki page is focussed on) is also a memory-related issue, and comes back to the memory abuse by servers and mods described above.

Source: https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Famous_crash_offsets_and_their_meaning

So I understand that server optimization is to blame?