A lot of accountData

Hi, I wanna know what happens if I have more than 100 (for example) accountData using setAccountData? (I mean lag or something like it)

Do you think is good to use mysql and each (vehicle useraccounts & ...) in a different table ?

Edited by Abasalt_Yar
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Abasalt_Yar said:

Hi, I wanna know what happens if I have more than 100 (for example) accountData using setAccountData?

just 100 accounts will not hurt very much. But at a given moment you probably see the performance de-increase because the search time increases. Some people say that accountData is slower in compare to SQL, but I never tested that.

There is one thing to keep in mind and that is that account data doesn't allow you to use async methods. (Callback functions) Because of this limitations, you can't separate your MTA server process from the internal database. This means that for every (invisible) `database query` you fire, your scripts are frozen. When your database gets slower, your scripts will be directly affected by that. Anyway, I have no knowlegde about, if accountdata is using a memory buffer when a user has been login to speed up the requests. I hope it does, it could be a nice feature.

2 hours ago, Abasalt_Yar said:

Do you think is good to use mysql and each (vehicle useraccounts & ...) in a different table ?

yes,

You can also use SQL, which doesn't require lot of work to make it work if you haven't set-up MySQL already.

Edited by IIYAMA

On 15/05/2020 at 00:46, IIYAMA said:

This means that for every (invisible) `database query` you fire, your scripts are frozen. When your database gets slower, your scripts will be directly affected by that

oh :| Thanks For The Help