Hopefully Well-Thought Out Ideas

Guest ticklemeozmo

First off, Devs, thanks :)

Secondly, some game(-play) ideas.

I'm not a fan of vanilla GTA deathmatch as I could play an FPS for that, so I was having trouble thinking of what I'd like to do multi-player with GTA.

I like the Scavenger Hunt and Amazing Race style games, but they might not have enough interaction to prove useful for many people.

'Gone In 60 Seconds'

Identical to the Import/Export side-mission. Each player has a list (same or different, game option) they need to complete.

'Teams'

Just as recruiting gang members. Aiming at a player and playing "G" (default key) should ask the other person if they'd like to be on your team. Their reply would put them on your team or not. Team members will always be on your map (green?), non-team members will only be on your map within a certain XY radius (Z is ignored). Or, Team always on big and mini maps; non-team only on mini. For team games, it'd be nice to be able to set mappoints on team members maps. (You meet at A, I'm at B, you at C. )

'Top Gun' / 'Black Hawk Down'

I'm sure this was mentioned before. Two players "enter" a flying vehicle, one controls ammo, other is pilot. Requires co-operation. Deathmatch style or destroy targets around city for points. Either different targets for everyone, or all the same. (Small private servers could run only with 2 people at a time, playing against their own score. Large servers could pit players against players.)

'The Heist'

Team Burglary (up to 4 players per van) missions. Rack up most steals in 10 (real-world) minutes. (Small private servers could run only with 2 people at a time, playing against their own score. Large servers could pit players against players.)

Top Scores -

Allow players to compete in ANY of the races around GTA:SA. Challenges, Races, 'Beat the cock'. Players would fill up spots and (if possible) computer would fill rest.

--AND/OR--

Allow players to rack up a leader board for schools and races. For smaller private servers, complete school missions and save the scores/times to server allowing you to compete against friends. Something to do while no one else is on.

'Trainer'

I'm thinking it would be a nice gametype (or togglable option) to be able to spawn any vehicle in the game from anywhere (or certain points). Set the city as 100% completion, walk up to a somewhere (or select from your menu), and spawn any vehicle from the game. This way, I could join up with a friend, and teach him/her how to use a Hydra, or show the person how to do a 360 for the school test. Also, load up the default locations for weapons/vehicles/tags/pictures/oysters/anything so I can take the person to the physical location and show them where something is.

Side Notes:

I'm not sure what the progress or line of thinking for Garages are yet, but I'd like to see personal info read from your save (you select, double check for the cheats attributes used ;)) and being able to pull those vehicles (with mods/ if supported) from the Garage. Of course, as each person's garage would be different, you might have to just goto your garage and select the vehicle from a list and it'll appear outside to minimize conflicts.

Well, since I have less than required c++ programming skill or time, I hope some modder/dev likes them enough to implement theM. :)

I'd be more interested in backending the scores to a sql-style database for pulling to webpages, forums and XML feeds ;)

If I hadn't known any better, I think worded as that, was the same reason they made iT. ;)

So you don't have to rely on us to make all your damn suggestionS. Go bug someone elsE. ;)

Does anyone have comments or implementation considerations? Things I'm missing, etc. I'm sure we could bang out some ideas and tweaking or maybe a willing developer could help formulate things so when Blue is complete, we could collaborate.

Feel free.

Good suggestions.

I'd like to see a Battle Royale-style game mode. As far as I'm aware, that hasn't been done before in a game. It's based on a Japanese film in which schoolchildren are sent to an island and given weapons with which to kill each other, in an attempt to turn them into model citizens I believe (yeah, weird, I know).

Anyway, each player spawns with a random weapon from rocket launchers and SMG's to crap weapons like fire extinguishers. They have to be the last person standing in order to win. When people die, they sit out for the rest of the round like in Counter-Strike. If more than one person is left standing by the time the timer runs out, no-one wins.

Every x number of minutes, a new region of the map becomes a danger region and everyone must evacuate it or die. This makes it easier to locate people because they do not display on the radar (although one guy in the film had a GPS tracking device that displayed people's locations).

Theres some great suggestions there. We can't wait to get blue done so that people can start playing around (and pointing out all our mistakes inevitably) implementing ideas like these! Your mod "Trainer" has already been implemented by us - well, sort of - in a developer mod, which we probably won't release. Anyway, it'll be probably the first thing someone tries to make (like garry's mod for HL2 I supose).

I agree that vanilla DM isn't very exciting - thats why I don't play MTA, but thats also why we're trying to make blue super-duper so that I we actually produce somthing that we want to play ourselves, and isn't always "ok, but we could do better!"

We hadn't actually thought of choosing teams like you suggest, though its certainly possible (and it'd be more natual, as thats how SA works).

Anyway, we're always open to original ideas, hopefully soon there will be lots of other developers open to ideas too.

eAi