Bike handlings

tosfera

Howdy fokes,

I've created an editor for my team to create vehicle handlings but we've had several issues with handlings for bikes. I've been trying to access the bike flags and handlings but failed miserably.

The wiki states only handlings for cars and accessing other flags is either not doing anything or just failing by returning false. Do you guys have any idea on how to access these handling propperties or which ones go for bikes?

If if fu*ck up at beginning then just try to lower your engineAcceleration

You could also try to use this at handlingFlags 0x1400001

Lower acceleration messes up top speed, that's the issue I'm having while editing it heh'. Trying to match both top speed and 0-100 km/h by editing the tractions messes up turning, therefore will need those bike variables.

Will try the flag tomorrow, thanks mate.

Lower acceleration messes up top speed, that's the issue I'm having while editing it heh'. Trying to match both top speed and 0-100 km/h by editing the tractions messes up turning, therefore will need those bike variables.

Will try the flag tomorrow, thanks mate.

Acceleration is like engine performance, if set to low the vehicle simply becomes to poor in it's performance to gear up and thus it can't reach it's top speed. It takes hours maybe days of work to get these things to work properly since most of the handling parameters affects the others in some way.

If you're trying to decrease the acceleration you wanna decrease the Acceleration setting and the vehicles drag, to allow it to actually reach the top speed you want.

Vehicles drag nor inertia does not affect bikes in any way, sadly.

What exactly is the issue you are having. I'm able to edit bikes with my rigged editor without an issue.

Issue itself is that I'm trying to reach a realistic 0-100 km/h time as well as a realistic top speed, however it is rather impossible as engine inertia and drag coeff do not give any effect on bikes at least, I need a higher acceleration setting than in cars as well to make those bikes able reach it's top speeds (for example a car would require 19 for ~240-250 km/h yet a bike requires 80).

So if I want both realistic top speed and 0-100 time I'm forced to have a high acceleration which is the issue with the 0-100 time, then when I edit the drag and inertia there is absolutely no effect at all and the only way I managed to alter the acceleration was to edit the traction fields, however that messes up the handling big time, such as bikes spin out too easily.

Still have to try out the bike data values and see if that helps, hopefully it will.

Acceleration is like engine performance, if set to low the vehicle simply becomes to poor in it's performance to gear up and thus it can't reach it's top speed. It takes hours maybe days of work to get these things to work properly since most of the handling parameters affects the others in some way.

Well on normal cars I have no issues at all and I can actually make them exactly the way I want them to easily, but bikes are a different story of it's own if you're into editing the acceleration and top speed sadly.

• 2 months later...
There's other ways of doing it then, I'll take a look at the possible handling fields in a bit, and report back with info I gather.

Found any information about this? We're still having mixed feelings about bike handlings.

Most of these handlings for bikes, which should be enabled after giving the correct IS_BIKE flag, aren't being set nor return anything. I'm starting to think that the MTA devs didn't include these properties in the source..

http://web.archive.org/web/201402231602 ... s/handling ( scroll down to the bike variables )

I've completely forgotten about this, sorry; I did do a bit of research but came up empty. I'm sure it is indeed possible. Just will take alot of fine tuning. Which at the moment I have no time for due to having to complete an island and a server.

As before, very sorry but at the moment I cannot help.