MTA:VC Development Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed aiming reticle for widescreen resolutions (thanks to Squiddy for his open-source fix).

th_gta-vc2011-01-0317-20-47-37.png th_gta-vc2011-01-0317-20-45-17.png

Draw distance and LOD display distance have been doubled from default:

th_gta-vc2010-12-2817-55-35-15.png

The weapon pickup message box (well, technically this is *every* message box that appears like this) moved out of the way of the chatbox for Vice and 3:

th_gta-vc2011-01-0323-14-43-81.png

Frame limiter is also forced on every game startup since several things do not operate properly without it being on (i.e. start game automatically, vehicle explosions are too fast).

Now I need to figure out the aiming fix for GTA3.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I hope so indeed! I'll have to figure out some hosting before the test, maybe x86 will be generous enough to host the installer and test server again. Will ask him in the morning.

On another note, I read this topic about a map/radar overlay, and if you scroll down a bit there's a screenshot eAi posted showing an example. In fact, I thought of doing the exact same thing when I stumbled upon the required memory addresses posted on GTAForums, but never looked into the idea further. I'll toy with it later.

Turnout was significantly lower (around 4-8 people in the server) this test, probably because we encountered some issues with the client in the first build of the beta's installer, or just because there were no significant changes since last time when everything was new. We still found a few minor bugs though which have already been fixed, and it was great fun!

I was a little surprised about the turnout but then again, I believe it might have been due to the slight problems at the start. I came across some annoyance to begin with because of the constant “reset game path” message appearing whenever I wanted to start (usually after one restart it works fine).

However besides the holdup at the beginning everything turned out fine from my view. While we didn’t have the numbers this time, I rarely crashed and when I did, it was with everyone else (server side). Maybe the others might agree or even disagree (I’d be surprised because the fighting with fun) but I thought the sync was the best yet. The shooting accuracy was more precise than ever and not once did I ever come across any lag.

I was a little surprised about the turnout but then again, I believe it might have been due to the slight problems at the start. I came across some annoyance to begin with because of the constant “reset game path” message appearing whenever I wanted to start (usually after one restart it works fine).

I have too noticed that bug arise and still have yet to figure out what's causing it.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that with the widescreen aiming crosshair fix, players were squished like so:

th_originalvswidescreen.png

Corrected that issue by removing part of the fix and playing around with some numbers to make it extremely close to being accurate:

th_gta-vc2011-01-2523-08-09-48.png

Also (probably) fixed an issue lil_Toady noticed in which *any* skin can spawn on the spawn roof via a /kill exploit, not just Spectator as I previously thought. Gotta test that one out.

GTA3:MTA needs another public beta test after this re-do. Friday, January 28th, 3PM EST (8PM GMT). Idle in #gta3mta on irc.gtanet.com around then for testing details. If all goes well, final release on 31st.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Elo!

Here in my country we started an old MTA:VC server (dedicated.. ASE server) with 0.5r2 and using scripts (DM by Aeron and Master) with a big help thru my firend Mack ;-)

If u wanna play or wanna know more.. contact me.

(we still have some problems with scripting .still testing- but we solved it soon.. more help would be very usefull)

Elo!

Here in my country we started an old MTA:VC server (dedicated.. ASE server) with 0.5r2 and using scripts (DM by Aeron and Master) with a big help thru my firend Mack ;-)

If u wanna play or wanna know more.. contact me.

(we still have some problems with scripting .still testing- but we solved it soon.. more help would be very usefull)

Glad to hear you're having fun! I'd recommend posting about your server here, though:

https://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewforum.php?f=136

:)