Remove Copies

Sticmy

Hi, well I wonder if MTA managers month, day, year, etc. Copies can remove servers that some scripts are stolen just want to know that, because every day there are more copy please do something. Thank you :oops::P

PD: My English is awful sorry :roll:

They cannot remove "copies" since servers are hosted by players themselves. There's not much you can do

MTA does control resources used, but only takes action on the intrusive or generally 'naughty' resources. For them to control every resource on every server would be a very big ask and I doubt any of them have the time to do so.

The most you can do to combat blatant copied servers is to not play on them. If they have a low playercount, I doubt they will waste their time to renew their hosting. I mean, who wants to pay for a service no one is using? Besides, most people who start these copycat servers are looking for a 'get rich quick' scheme of sorts, where they believe by copying others they will gain popularity. It usually doesn't work. With time, their servers will be empty and eventually close.

Edited by Guest

In theory it wouldn't be to hard to implement some kind of blacklisting system, the only problem is that it's relatively easy for servers to get around those as there's not much you can blacklist that can't be changed, things like the IP, server keys etc.. If all servers had a serial tho like the clients it could be easier or if all servers needed a player serial defined as owner. Then if a server does naughty stuff it's the owner that becomes globally banned for it by serial. 8)

Although it would still require a report system like the topic where community resources are reported and someone has to verify all accusations, but theoretically it could work. For now you have to rely on your own security implementations or compilation with a secret key that only allow the files to run on your server (identified by name probably) to protect your work. Luckily, those who steal others work usually have no idea about how to deal with eventual bugs, sometimes they even ask the original author for support. :roll: