[REL] Zday, a Zombie Infestation Script

CLICK HERE TO VIEW UPDATED INFO

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p=resources&s=details&id=347

As a self-proclaimed zombie expert I felt that a zombie game would have to be done properly or not at all, and i didnt want to wait for someone to make a sub-par zombie gamemode. I am really looking for any ideas, suggestions, or feedback, so please comment

The whole town of Palamino Creek has been sealed off by the government due to the dead rising and attacking the living.

This version is a fully functional but basic gamemode, just kill zombies and survive as long as you can. It is only meant as a first release to get feedback and ideas on how to improve it or how to make it more scary and challenging. My hope is to actually have goal-oriented gameplay that forces players to take on missions to get food, shelter, and supplies.

CURRENT FEATURES

-hoards of semi- intelligent zombies

-entire town of palamino creek infested

-various shotgun and pistol pickups (and a couple chainsaws)

-players unable to sprint (for balance)

-display that tells players how many zombies are after them

-basic spawn system that respawns players in the bank

-zombies automatically spawn close to players (but not too close) to keep the population high

CURRENT ZOMBIE ABILITIES

-idle behavior while not chasing players

-increased damage from peds (for balance)

-climb/jump to get to players

-punch their way through breakable obstacles

-somewhat advanced ai (zombies can follow players around corners)

-eat players they kill

-instant kill for headshots except if the zombie is wearing a helmet.

FUTURE POSSIBLE FEATURES

-interiors

-missions

-weapons/ammo/food/supplies bartering system

-many many movie references

• Thanks 1

I like this, although it didn't feel much like a zombie invasion more of an angry mob with now weapons.

I think that they should have a more zombie like walk, the nearest I can think of would be the drunk animation. Another thing which I think would be good is to make more of a blood splatter when you shoot them, using the FX functions.

In any film I have seen zombies do not punch you / jump obstacles this just makes it feel more like the angry mob i said earlier.

i know what you mean by the animation, I had to compromise because there were better anims, but they made the peds move way too slow. the drunk anim was also a litle too comical imo. overall if i can get the peds to stop making fun of players clothes and shut up or start moaning, itll seem more zombie-ish.

I like this, although it didn't feel much like a zombie invasion more of an angry mob with now weapons.

I think that they should have a more zombie like walk, the nearest I can think of would be the drunk animation. Another thing which I think would be good is to make more of a blood splatter when you shoot them, using the FX functions.

In any film I have seen zombies do not punch you / jump obstacles this just makes it feel more like the angry mob i said earlier.

AFAIK, GTA engine doesn't allow you to use too much effects. Just create some peds and remove their heads. What you'll see is some peds without heads will not bleed at all because that particle limit is reached. Check my pretty old basic script here: https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.html?p ... ils&id=234 create some peds (like 15, with command: /peds 15) and use /headless command.

i zombie like tank of l4d and fast zombies .D

a weapon store like killing floor

and more blood and headless for the headshots.

i think about the skins,but in mta use custom skin not possible but maybe you can attach objetcs or blood texture to player like object

or use CJ zombies with custom clothes like the jason mask and other clothes.

bye an sorry for ma english

actually, custom skins is possible with the newest nightlies using THIS.

I know in the past there has been others attempting single player zombie mods, if anyone knows someone whos worked on some zombie skins, or the name of any mods that have them for san andreas, please let me know so i can try and contact them and see if they wouldnt mind their hard work getting used.

also, for those of you hesitant to try it out, heres a video someone made on youtube of this game in action:

and i have a question about the maps, now is possible make a .map in another folder? or i need replace the palomino map?

Just remove the palomino map from the resource folder and look how other gamemodes (easyest: capture the vehicle) have solved this "problem",

then, look what the votemanager does to load a map for a gamemode.

there was a mod for VC called Long Night, only played the beta, not sure if later versions included custom skins

PS: perhaps it would add more to the "zombie feeling" if you made apocalyptic skies, dark purple blended with orange or so

i will add map support to the gamemode eventually, but im hoping to make it a little more dynamic so making 100 different zombie spawnpoints wont be neccesary. not much point in making maps for it untill i do that though.

well i create a map and the spawns, zombies, pickups and objects work perfectly but i dont now why when i attack zombies with any melee weapon dosent lose hp :S

Because you can't defeat zombies with your bare hands LOL

well i create a map and the spawns, zombies, pickups and objects work perfectly but i dont now why when i attack zombies with any melee weapon dosent lose hp :S

when you're outside the 3000x3000 world bounds most melee weapons stop working so that could be the cause