Focus on 0.5.5

READ THE POST BEFORE YOU VOTE. What do you think MTA should do?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. READ THE POST BEFORE YOU VOTE. What do you think MTA should do?

• Focus more on 0.5.5 and give more updates
    • Focus on MTASA

i dont wanna argue with you guys. i just cant understand how come after months of top secret uber leet betatesting they have released the most bugged version ever. well i havent played .1 nor .2, but after .3 and .4 i was expecting MUCH more. not only tons of new bugs have appeared but also the gamplay has been dramatically changed, and somehow has made this game even more glitcher-friendly. due to that a large part of the community has left. some of them will never come back... :(

plz note that i am constantly reffering to deathmatch as i am not concerned about stunt. stunt is good once in a while when you wanna party with your friends ;)

1. "Top secret uber leet betatesting"? Who said that?

2. Are you saying that 0.5 is more buggy than 0.4 which crashed consistently before the 0.4.1 update? True, there are new bugs, but you "forgot" to mention that they also fixed many of 0.4's bugs.

3. How do you know that people won't come back?

4. 0.5 was not pleasing for you because, as you state, you only play VC DM. Both Stunt mode and GTA3 were improved significantly in 0.5. These improvements may be the reason why VC DM was disappointing because they spent less time on it and may have been more prone to "quick fixes." eAi said that there are currently no plans to combine a Blue core for multiple GTA games in the future, so this may well be a good thing.

well f*ck you JonChappell whoever you are.

95% of the community plays Deathmatch mode (with or without RPG scripts)

The most rilevant bug on 0.4 was the respawn crash.

0.3rc2 is still the best MTA multiplayer ever released.

Most of 0.5 VCDM bugs are so evident that my 12yold sister could find and fix them in 5 minutes.

then why don't you let your 12y/o sister start her own mod?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we all want betatesters that will not enjoi the game, the goal is to find all the bugs, not have fun, there will be fun when all bugs are removed, i know it's a tempation hard to fight but it's your job, if u pick up ppl that will only play the game to have fun, it's not good choice for betatesters.

Everyone seems to say that it was the betatesters fault that the big desync problem got through. Well some of them said they only saw the problem in the stunt mode and usually the MTA team wont release the last version the beta testers tested. Instead they make another version and release that, so something went wrong between the time of the last test and the final 0.5 release.

Since TheNight likes to blame beta testers. :roll:

m4 desync? :roll: I've been playing ages and i don't know what you're on about :? The only desync with weapons is to do with not recieving a weapon switch, and you see them punching, or if they fall off a bike and their actor gets all screwy and won't fire. The stubby glitches have been there in every version and i don't see how you can remove them all in any way.

As for spec and armour stuff, it's not really that important - you should expect bugs with betas. I would care more about the huge vehicle/actor desync...if i cared atall anymore :(

Most of 0.5 VCDM bugs are so evident that my 12yold sister could find and fix them in 5 minutes.

Couse she doesn't know anything about programming.

oh well nice going there.

they released a program they didnt test?you campare it with the start button on winxp turning a blue screen. what you fail to see is that MTA is sync, and that it works, and there are bugs but that doesnt make the game fucking unplayable. its a shame we lost all of the real mta community, and got idiots who cant appreciate anything.

He's saying that there was a fairly big leep from 0.3 to 0.4 (i think :?), so he expected the same for 0.5.

i dont know about you but id say 0.5 was a fairly big leap. all islands on gta3 were unlocked, stunt mode was vastly improved. 0.5 definately has its advantages over 0.4.1 in places

yes mta has its bugs, but people claim that they wouldve been awsome beta testers with know real knowledge (yes there are those that do know stuff).

Stop asking for releases everywhere njr1489, it's annoying just to read.

i dont know about you but id say 0.5 was a fairly big leap. all islands on gta3 were unlocked, stunt mode was vastly improved. 0.5 definately has its advantages over 0.4.1 in places

That's kind of what I mean, hardly anyone plays those anymore (which is gradually happening with VC), maybe there was loads at first, eager to try it out...but at the end of the day, the newest software wins hands down..and let's face it MTA without weapons is extremely boring for most people.

So yes, it does have advantages in places, just not the right places :P

Stop asking for releases everywhere njr1489, it's annoying just to read.

I was wondering, not asking. I found the answer since it was in another update a few motnhs ago.

*note that as said before these were files created specifically to narrow down on this issue, they do not represent what will be in the final release*

Now about stunt and the islands, they were great, but only for a while. You can play stunt for a few hours and then get tired of it completely. It is kind of boring at times without weapons. About the GTA 3 islands, one is a ghost town and the other is great, but having syncing issues with kills. Staunton wasn't intended for a 0.5 release, and it was going to be worked on in 0.5.5. Shoreside is all great except for that credit glitch which could be fixed in 0.5.5.

Every post I wrote here regards the ViceCity Deathmatch part of MTA0.5.

There's a bug that appear when you shot with m4 while you press wasd keys.

You will stop and start shooting but the other players will see you step right/left. Ask to [uVA]Smoke, he should know the right way to make it appear

That isn't just with m4 though, it's because reload isn't sync'd, so when you hold fire and move when you reload, the other people see you move and shoot.

Same with crouching, you can crouch and move on others screens, without moving yourself.

Unless there's 100% sync, you will always get bugs and glitches...deal with it.

I think some people aren't aware of the ammount of time it takes just to prepare a release - once the development has complete. The release of 0.5 took over a week to prepare - thats just making installers and sorting out mirrors. Before that we normally spend a month or more beta testing... and before that actual developing. Some people may cosider it all right to release programs that they know don't work - we try as hard as we can to avoid this. We know now that 0.5 has/had many faults, but these were not apparent from the beta testing stage, and as I've previously explained in this thread, they aren't easy to fix.

If you actually made a comment I could rebut it but since you just want to take the lazy :roll: route I'll just explain why I can't allow the crusader and why it would be good to fix it.

you can only be crusader one time before the armor glitch kicks you for trainer usage... the only ppl who use crusader are doing it to gain 100 armor as any character they use after they die as crusader....

It makes the job of detecting cheaters more difficult because they could be purposely or accidently "armor glitching"

:roll:

Kicking people for spawning Crusador :roll:

Thats the only thing they can do for now since people are tempted to armor glitch.

There's no use, if you get kicked you can easily reconnect to the server and continue playing, you could even kill yourself in the meantime before reconnecting and spawn as sailor or sumfin and then reconnect...

the only ppl who use crusader are doing it to gain 100 armor as any character they use after they die as crusader....

There are also players who spawn crusador not because of the armor glitch and restart their game after a death...

Mmm this is getting pretty popular..

I agree with others that even if it isn't as easy as it sounds, a few major glitches at least should be fixed for the sake of making Vice City a little more enjoyable for the.. however long its gonna take to get MTASA out and THEN MTAVC:Blue out. Everyday the community lies here boring and dull because of 0.5's few major flaws. It is very unfortunate that tons of backtracking has not yielded the source of the desync, so I guess we have to accept that.

I was always under the impression that MTAVC:Blue was going to come before MTASA came out. It is disappointing news that so many people cannot wait for MTASA that the progress for MTAVC:Blue is severely hindered in order to go through an entire new GTA.

I'm glad (and surprised) a majority of the voters had the same train of thought.