A few ideas

Guest crazyfoo

Got a few ideas for ur mod.

1) Need-for-speed-style sprint

This is basically a race where all players participating in the race start at one location on the map, and must all race to a defined finishing location. Players may use whatever route/means necessary to get to the finish first. Including taking out rivals by force. If your including a monetary system in ur mod then each player must place say 5K down before racing, and the winner collects it all.

2) Scavenger hunt

Similar in a way to the sprint, except instead of just getting to the finish to win, each player must first collect all 'treasure' items, placed in the most awkward locations on the map. The items would be unique so in order to collect all items, players must battle it out to kill all rivals who are holding treasure items, which would cause them to drop their item(s) at the co-ordinates of their death. Once a player has been killed he may re-spawn at a hospital and try getting the items back. Only when a player has collected all required items may he go to the finishing location and claim victory. Again, if their is a monetary system in the mod then players could also bet on this game.

the scavenger hunt sounds wicked, it would take frickin ages to finish tho lol, can you imaging the fraustration of after playing for like an hour having all the items and almost getting to the finish then getting wasted and just as the wasted screen goes up you see someone else waltz over your corpse, pick up the items and stroll to the finish

sound wicked fun tho :)

I think it'd have to be done in a smallish area with a small number of items, say 5 or 10. You could have icons over the heads of the people showing what they had, or you could make them follow behind them in a trail, or whatever ;)

the scavenger hunt sounds wicked, it would take frickin ages to finish tho lol, can you imaging the fraustration of after playing for like an hour having all the items and almost getting to the finish then getting wasted and just as the wasted screen goes up you see someone else waltz over your corpse, pick up the items and stroll to the finish

Hadn't thought of that one. Youd probably get some sneaky bugger camping at the finish with a rocket launcher.

Unless each player had a deposit box where they store the items they collect. First to fill their box wins. Although this would be more suited to a teamplay version as you'd need someone to guard the box while your away getting the other items. Then again that sounds a bit too like CTF.

Or.... each player's deposit box could have a key which would be required to open it. This means that if a player goes out to collect more items he can either take his key with him (could be easily stolen when he's wasted), or hide it somewhere on the map (meaning he can retrieve it if he is wasted, and as long as a rival didn't find and steal it, his items will still be in his deposit box)

i think if it was limited to san fierro it'd be cool, like that mission when you grab the packages from the guys on the bikes.

about nfs style, ive been waiting for a gamemode like this. i was disspaointed with the fact that you could not race with your own personal cars, and have to do it with set cars :/

it'd be cool to have this as an alternative

• 3 weeks later...

k i just had the coolest idea for a mod....all the servers could have it, and uhh...ya. people could save their game, so they have a set number of money, and they actually almost live the life of their character online, when u enter a server, it loads your MTA game and you have the same amont of money you had when u played it last nite. the cars are another thing, maybe have them spawn in a random empty garage, and mark it on the players map, then that garage can become theirs for the time being until they decide to call it a day and pack it in. also planes could be saved in areas. i doubt this would b really possible for a very long time, if not ever, but it just came to me and was a great idea(or so it seemed) also, i posted this sumwhere else, but i think an RPG war mod would b really cool, your team, clan or whoever your playing with, owning a city, and having to buy weapons and vehicles and killing other cities in an attempt to cap their flag, or sumthing, or just an all out DM, and you could have air strikes and rushes of infantry, scouts(hummers) and cappers, choppers, all the army vehicles. and maybe tan mesas and bobcats. iunno, but i've got some great ideas for this game.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be cool it here was mode like this:

Handling.cfg can be tweaked (would be cool to take some races in the "las vegas strip" with veeery fast cars and bikes)

No dangerous weapons like rocket launcher.

I used to tweak handling.cfg and played with my friends with "over" fast cars in mta:vc, but then mta got updated and we didn't find a way to use customized handling.cfg, so there was ending of our interest for mta.

Here is another cool idea, put in there a Capture the flag game where u all have to kill each other in teams (1 flag say in area 51 and the other some where on the first island) and the team with the highest number of time getting the flag wins :>

also another idea, if your going to have bets and money etc on there you could have some thing like 'contender' where 2 men battle it out in the boxing ring in the gym in your hood and you could place bets on, or you could do it cuban style and move the boxing ring to the beach and do it there and peaple would bet etc on it. (only punch and kicks like a street fight no weapons) :>

The scavenger hunt idea is a good idea, but people tend to shy away from it. In Twisted Metal Black: Online, they had such a game mode. Noone ever played it. And talk about a cars with guns game? Twisted Metal is the original (Or at least, the first decent) video game that met the mark when it came to my expectations of a cars with guns game =) Especially online