GTASA is gonna suck online

I've noticed that the car crash physics have changed. Handling feels a little different too, particularly at high speeds.

I notice it too. Its because your driving skills are poor at the start. Once your driving skill is high, you can drive as good as you could in gta 3 or vc.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think ive thought of an easy modable solution.

Firstly, a crosshair is always displayed on screen.

Now, when ever you press the fire button, instead of shooting, it holds down the aim button then fires, then releases aim, very fast.

yes, i realise this is possible without doing any mods, but i think it'll be a very suitable substitute. ill explain some more since its hard to put into words:

Example 1: Im lookup upwards at a chopper. I want to shoot the pilot off. I use the mod's crosshair thats always on screen to aim at him. as soon as i press fire, then the game switches into aim mode (right click) and fires.

Example 2: I have a pistol. I sidestep because i see someone on the right i want to kill. i use the mod's crosshair to get a rough idea where to shoot. as soon as i press fire, it holds right click and fires.

thus it eliminates the slow ass movements. i hope other people agree, cause i would love to play it with a mod that does this.

This must be easy to do, it could even be done with one of those programs that follow a combination of buttons after you press a button. about jacob mentioning the problem for having a different position for each gun - only a rough crosshair has to be given, lets say:

---------|

--------------

---------|

the position of each crosshair is only slightly different for each weapon, right?

oh, and if you hold down right click, it carries holding down both aim and fire.

edit: some problems ive thought of:

* Each gun takes a different time to prepare after pressing aim

Vice was like that too. If you ever noticed when you fire in vice city it takes your guy about a second to raise his gun before he fires.

If there was a mod for SA that would do the same thing, I'd hope your guy would raise the gun in a split second at most. Also the camera should stay zoomed out when you fire.

Hopefully somebody will makes this mod so MTA:SA is more enjoyable. If I was smart enough, I'd do it myself.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Having no crosshair is necessary at times when you are fighting, jumping over fenches or hanging on rooftops. It NEEDS to be like this. It's also BETTER becuse you won't have idiots just jumping around eachother with crosshairs all the time. You need to actually STOP to aim. The only (strong) gun you don't have to stop with when aiming is the sawed-off shotgun (which I think will be the next stubby... but we'll see).

As for driving and controlling your camera, I LOVE IT! It makes it so much easier to drive when you can look around like that.

And for those of us who target using a different button?

Die?

:lol:

Reset the conflicting key and target with right click instead? That is, if you want to use my tool that badly (but nobody's forcing you to).

I just figured that supporting the controls that nearly all players use would be more logical.

i gotta agree that for MTA the vice aiming sytem would be more appropriate for the multiplayer game but im sure that even if not its just a case of getting used to something different....

Also (maybe a dumb thing to ask i dont know but i aint seen it asked before)has the MTA team ever tried to get in touch with rockstar before for help?.

The reason i ask is there maybe a possibility that if it wasnt possible to change the aiming for SA, asking rockstar to help might be an option,that is of course if they are willing to or not who knows (probably 90% of the reason GTA 3 and vice are still talked about on forums is due to MTA so its a bonus for them)..

By now its obvious that they must love what you are doing by the simple fact that you havent been shut down and i CAN! guarantee that they will be keeping a close eye on what you do for future multiplayer in GTA....lol ya can almost bet on it :P

from what i know and what ive heard the aiming system is not a problem to adapt to multiplayer game, the problem is the users which obviously dont want to adapt. Sincerely i hope that the system stays as it is and that im gonna play the game with R* product loverss just like me 8) peace

• 3 weeks later...

Lock on in MP? that's one of the lamest things on earth. Only Metroid Prime 2 echoes and a few other games have done that succesfully, and becouse with as example metroid has a completely different playing style. With lock on evade moves etc. But lock on in MTA? hell no.

• 2 weeks later...

Always interesting to see a post like this.

Yes, the new controls take some adaptation (Especially the driving) but you get used to it after a bit. I find myself turning the mouse to keep the camera going with me properly in Vice City now. Doesn't hurt anything, keeps me in tune with SA.

Why do you need an auto-aim anyway? Right click, point and shoot.. Run to the side and get out of the way or behind a barrier if you're being shot at. You're going to get hurt one way or another, it's very difficult to get into a fire fight and come out unscathed.

Not being able to back up while fighting isn't that much of a problem, you just have to move differently and achive the same results.

I think the right click to fire thing is great, and the car camera problem can be adapted to. I've had this discussion with Firefox before, why do you need a crosshair if you're not shooting at anything?

One thing to try for those who can't seem to adapt to the car camera thing.. Try zooming the camera out a bit, see if that helps you. I just don't know what to tell you otherwise. Adapt and get over it.

* shrugs and fades back into obscurity *