Would you rather see into the past or future?

Would you rather see into the past or future?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather see into the past or future?

• Past
    • Future
    • I Don't Wanna Know

Okay as a custom of mine for these forums.. time for another odd poll.

If given the opportunity, would you rather see into the past or future? Keep in mind there is no way you can look forward into the future and see the past through some technological time screen or something.

PAST

For the past you could see see how the universe started.. see many of the things that have gone unsolved that we know of. You can realize there is a God and follow him more faithfully than anyone... you might realize there was never a God and you might go and break the 10 commandments all the time without any fear of punishment by God.

FUTURE

For the future you may see your own future and be forewarned... you could see the new technology or perhaps cheat the stockmarket. You could even see our own demise and then the end of the universe.

I Don't Wanna Know

You might change your entire life if you see into the past or the future. The impact that your God may not exist or that you will be in a position in the future you do not like may devastate you.

-

-

-

so which would it be? For me, I would say the past, because the one question I cannot answer and must forever be amazed by is.. how did the universe start? Its beyond my capacity to believe infinite causes and effects are possible, that there must be a beginning. If theres not.. looking into the past will prove it. Also, I have a tendency to be atheist at times... so this would be a big booster for me in the religon department, if I knew 100% God existed without a doubt and I needed to worship.

Edited by Guest
you could see the new technology or perhaps cheat the stockmarket.

Oh yeah 8)

You could patent other people's ideas before they have them. It would also be satisfying to see the eventual demise of Microsoft (it's bound to happen sooner or later).

Like Ransom, i would love to see how the universe starts, i mean big bang and stuff (woulnt stand to close tho :P) wtf is the universe, it could be a particle in a atom in another world :shock: ever thinked of that? :wink:, and about cheating the stockmarked, if u have al true knowlegde about the past im sure u could be very rich too :D

only thing i wanna see in the future should be next weeks lotto numbers 8), about i could be warned if a car some day drive me over..well i suck at remember day's so i will have in mind that its next week i gonna die, but it will first happen two weeks after, and if i forget it once, why shouldnt i forget it again..so..im dead anyway :D

voted past

Edited by Guest

definitely the past

then id know the sense of my life or at least i could figure it out even if there was none

screw cash, money doesnt mean shit to me as long as im alive, theres way more important things in life, sadly most ppl never experience them

uhm...the future.... screw big bang.... i don't wanna know how it started..i wanna know how it ends :twisted:

APOCALYPSE!!11oneone! :!:

umm I don't know, fastforward in time and download MTA:Blue? (This one was bound to be posted. :P)

Have a nice timetravel suitcase with me, pack up a top of the line PC.. Probably nothing combatible with todays apps lol. Also, I would be very interrested in seeing what scientific bounderies we have passed, or maybe I'd end up in a smog'ed hellish planet with all our polution having had some consequnces on mankind.

The future is out there! *cough*

Like Ransom, i would love to see how the universe starts, i mean big bang and stuff (woulnt stand to close tho :P) wtf is the universe, it could be a particle in a atom in another world :shock: ever thinked of that? :wink:

Yeah, but they might know how the Universe was created in the future with advances in technology. I mean, 400 years ago people thought the Earth was flat.

there was NO big bang, that's just impossible and lots of theories proof it

I was thinking about starting a thread about this type of thing.. but it just blows your mind and noone really knows.. its beyond our capacity. You either need to believe in a god that has always existed, an infinite number of causes and effects (so there was never a beginning), or some other bizarre circumstance we can't possibly imagine.

The polls pretty diverse btw.. interesting. I thought the money thing would catch a lot of people but rebel makes a very good point..

Jon - I see that very hard, at least to make people believe your theory. If you read what I said above.. its obvious the start has to be extremely bizarre and unimaginable in any human mind.

p.s. scorp you misread, not GO to the future, SEE into the future

Jon - I see that very hard, at least to make people believe your theory. If you read what I said above.. its obvious the start has to be extremely bizarre and unimaginable in any human mind.

Could be possible... they can see light from several million years ago at the moment. Who knows what kind of technology they'd have in the future?

• 2 months later...