San Andreas: The New Frontier

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theoretically you would create an 24 hour multi-ped path, this path would consists in lots of peds with pre-stablished routes arround the city inside an 24 hour clock, bassically as time/weather actually works.

And what happens when a ped gets scared by a car speeding on the pavement, scared by shooting, shot, run over, knocked over, has a car left by a player in its way, walks into a firefight? As you can see it wouldn't really work unfortunately.

I meant just creating paths, no trace of i.a. or interaction skills.

Just like a phantom walking down the streets :lol:

The ped-bullets fact.. hmm.. i still dont controle at that level. :(

Anaways it must be a way to recognize peds as obstacle like normal gta game.

Maybe it would be possible to adapt the single player ped enviroments to mta, but i really dont know how it would work.. :roll:

So no collision even? just moving scenery? I dont think that would be very immersive, quite the opposite.

Yes it is possible to make them react, its possible to sync those reactions, make them walk around a car and show all players they are etc. But that defeats the object. I.e. a simple way to include pedestrians, and takes us back to the same old bandwidth problem for massive amounts of syncing.

If only it were as easy as you suggest, unfortunately it isnt :/

So no collision even? just moving scenery? I dont think that would be very immersive, quite the opposite.

Yes it is possible to make them react, its possible to sync those reactions, make them walk around a car and show all players they are etc. But that defeats the object. I.e. a simple way to include pedestrians, and takes us back to the same old bandwidth problem for massive amounts of syncing.

If only it were as easy as you suggest, unfortunately it isnt :/

Lets not forget little people like me who can't deal with tons of moving cars and ped characters roaming around =/ I suppose if the 'appear only in range' thing worked then ya, but MTA always has everything going on around the city sent to you no matter if you are there or not.

Could you please keep this discussion warez-free.

P.S. I'd thoroughly recommend getting GTA3.

alright. I will continue to keep this conversation free of spooky wares

and I appreciate your feedback on which GTA I should buy. I always loved the city Liberty way better than Vice anyway.

Hey, I have been wondering about this for a while and I just remembered it.

Nothing against CJ, but not everyone is going to want to play as CJ, even if you can customize his clothes. Is it possible to change the skin of your character, while retaining the ability to change clothes? That way players could choose a skin, then customize their clothes, so in theory you could have an old lady with a do-rag and gangsta clothes.

Could you please keep this discussion warez-free.

P.S. I'd thoroughly recommend getting GTA3.

alright. I will continue to keep this conversation free of spooky wares

and I appreciate your feedback on which GTA I should buy. I always loved the city Liberty way better than Vice anyway.

Nothing against CJ, but not everyone is going to want to play as CJ, even if you can customize his clothes. Is it possible to change the skin of your character, while retaining the ability to change clothes? That way players could choose a skin, then customize their clothes, so in theory you could have an old lady with a do-rag and gangsta clothes.

I'll say it before someone else does... "Wait for Blue, then you can mod to your heart's content"

did you misuse the term "skin" for "model" by any chance?

if so, you cant just use cj's clothes/skins with any other ped model in the game cause they all have different mapping, of course you could but then youd have to remake those skins and remap the models to fit them

I'll say it before someone else does... "Wait for Blue, then you can mod to your heart's content"

yes i'm sure that everyone was itching to say that.

did you misuse the term "skin" for "model" by any chance?

not really. skin, model, whatever. you obviously got the gist of it

will there be some peds with same model as CJ? they do it alot, noticeable in gang members

hmm. never noticed that.

I just thought of a good game mechanic. I'm sure most of you are familiar with the enemy tags you can spray over. Well, is it possible to make these objects invisible so that it appears that you are just tagging a wall? Then another player with a different color spraypaint could tag over it. It would be similar to Grafiiti matches in Tony Hawk, where whoever has the most tags of their color wins the round. Of course, you could just make this a small addition to the game itself, without making it an actual game mode, so that players could choose to tag buildings for the hell of it, and maybe spray over other players tags. Of course, with all of the spray can pickups spraying green as default, you would have to make some kind of coding changes so that it would spray the color of the player's team/gang, or just their chosen color.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I guess thats all I can think of for now. Keep posting any thoughts you may have and I look forward to seeing you all in San Andreas. I'll be the one standing naked on top of cluckin bell screaming "I am the other white meat!"

Heres an idea I just thought of. Its more team oriented and maybe good for clan fights. You know how there are territoires in san andreas ps2? How about players start on different teams, each have one spawn point, and no friendly fire amongst them. Now, each team starts out with one territorie and lets say......1000 dollars. ill explain my crazy idea about money later. back to the territories, to gain an unclaimed territory, you have to capture a flag there. (anyone in the team can do that). To capture an occupied territory, you have to kill all other players that occupy it, and capture the flag. this will make huge wars amongst teams lasting as long as the server is up.

Now about the money....

You get money for killing another player. that money goes to your team. a team that holds a territory, slowly gains monney. Money can be used to buy vehicles, which will spawn in your main territory. you can buy tanks, planes, cars, etc. You can also buy heavy weapons like RPGs and flamethrowers. If there is AI, you may even be able to buy AI players that will fight for you. there could be a vote to see who is the team leader, who buys all the stuff, etc. I f there is AI on the streets, you can kill them for cash.

Its a far-fetched idea but the territories will already be in the game. (in the cities at least)

heres a horrilby done image of my idea: http://img175.echo.cx/my.php?image=idea4xs.png

The colored shapes are occupied territories, while white are unoccupied.

Heres an idea I just thought of. Its more team oriented and maybe good for clan fights. You know how there are territoires in san andreas ps2? How about players start on different teams, each have one spawn point, and no friendly fire amongst them. Now, each team starts out with one territorie and lets say......1000 dollars. ill explain my crazy idea about money later. back to the territories, to gain an unclaimed territory, you have to capture a flag there. (anyone in the team can do that). To capture an occupied territory, you have to kill all other players that occupy it, and capture the flag. this will make huge wars amongst teams lasting as long as the server is up.

Now about the money....

You get money for killing another player. that money goes to your team. a team that holds a territory, slowly gains monney. Money can be used to buy vehicles, which will spawn in your main territory. you can buy tanks, planes, cars, etc. You can also buy heavy weapons like RPGs and flamethrowers. If there is AI, you may even be able to buy AI players that will fight for you. there could be a vote to see who is the team leader, who buys all the stuff, etc. I f there is AI on the streets, you can kill them for cash.

Its a far-fetched idea but the territories will already be in the game. (in the cities at least)

heres a horrilby done image of my idea: http://img175.echo.cx/my.php?image=idea4xs.png

The colored shapes are occupied territories, while white are unoccupied.

thats a pretty good idea. I like that.

Lol. The Weinermobile.

When my friends and I play multiplayer in San Andreas, we like traveling around in the weinermobile because its like a mobile health station. You can drive along, stop, get in a gunfight, buy a hotdog, and keep on going. I wonder if we'll see strategic uses of this vehicle in mta.