What are you hoping to do with fastman92's limit adjuster?

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

It would remove holdbacks from replacing SA cities with custom mapped ones, without streaming issues, and be a good replacement for the failed EIR branch that will most likely never be finished. (major pro's of EIR are found back in limit adjuster's implementation I think)

Also it opens doors for MTA development in general as it allows manipulating internals/values that were considered fenced off for modders.

Edited by Dutchman101
  • Like 3
15 minutes ago, Dutchman101 said:

It would remove holdbacks from replacing SA cities with custom mapped ones, without streaming issues, and be a good replacement for the failed EIR branch that will most likely never be finished. (major pro's of EIR are found back in limit adjuster's implementation I think)

Also it opens doors for MTA development in general as it allows manipulating internals/values that were considered fenced off for modders.

2 minutes ago, CodyL said:

Continue on my current project and improve it a lot, I would love if open limit adjuster was added, would fix so many bugs.

Please be specific in your responses.  How are you going to use it in your server?  We need to actually know how you would implement it.

The challenges relate to the fact that FLA requires GTASA to be restarted for each change.  I need to know specific, technical/scripting information on what is limiting you and what you were trying to achieve.

• Like 1

The issue I am having is that the object limits are far to low, causing terrible view distance in heavily populated areas and lag for some people due to SA constantly loading and unloading the models. Also the world bounds limits would be awesome to have extended because it would allow me to actually place my map off shore of SA instead of placing it in another dimension and having it warp players to and from.

Summed up I'd need this for -

- LOD limits

- General object limits

- Map bounds limits

• Like 3

Hi, I just registered because this is the moment I've been waiting for.

I'd love to see the limit adjuster implemented. 

I would love to see the GTA Underground map on MTA aswell.

I also am working on my own gamemode but I could make it a lot better with fastman92's limit adjuster. I would add more weapons, vehicles, skins, and some maps. To keep it low spec computer friendly, I would only use models and txds that are low poly and low resolution.

I wouldn't see this as not only a new feature, but a new era of GTA multiplayer, the next big step.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Chase said:

Hi, I just registered because this is the moment I've been waiting for.

I'd love to see the limit adjuster implemented. 

I would love to see the GTA Underground map on MTA aswell.

I also am working on my own gamemode but I could make it a lot better with fastman92's limit adjuster. I would add more weapons, vehicles, skins, and some maps. To keep it low spec computer friendly, I would only use models and txds that are low poly and low resolution.

I wouldn't see this as not only a new feature, but a new era of GTA multiplayer, the next big step.

Hi Chase, thanks for visiting.

Would you be asking your users to install a modded version of GTA? Or would you implement the whole map in MTA scripting?

4 minutes ago, darkdreamingdan said:

Hi Chase, thanks for visiting.

Would you be asking your users to install a modded version of GTA? Or would you implement the whole map in MTA scripting?

I would implement it in MTA scripting. However, for those with low internet speeds, I'd have a mirror for the mods somewhere so they don't have to wait at the MTA loading screen for too long.

I have pretty much similar questions as @ut0pic

Would this only increase streaming limit of elements like in MTA:Eir project so that we could basically render whole SA map at once without glitching, or does it extend also to adding new IDs for weapons, vehicles, objects, and so on? If it would also enable us to add custom IDs, would we be able to make a custom weapon/vehicle system for players?
Having those new potentional functions in Lua would be really awesome.

Edit: oh and, what about CLEO mods and custom animations?

Edited by RizoN

A few years ago I was able to this on the EIR branch:

The limitations were pretty much the only thing that was holding us back for a long time. We had to wait for MTA 1.4, and we were told that the EIR branch would be merged with the main on a relatively short term. This never happened unfortunately as the development of EIR had stopped and we lost interest in our project as well.

While we don't have plans to finish it anymore, I've still been hoping for the developers to continue working on EIR again to atleast increase the limitations in MTA.

Technical note: I would use the limit adjuster through MTA's own Lua functions unless there'll be a better way. I don't like players to have to restart the game in order to see the increased limitations or anything.

I'd just like to see increased object limits and the ability to add new objects without replacing existing ones. That's my dream for MTA.

Edited by Tails
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, darkdreamingdan said:

So, why do you want to use a Limit Adjuster tool?

13 hours ago, darkdreamingdan said:

Please be specific in your responses.  How are you going to use it in your server?  We need to actually know how you would implement it.

Well, obviously, it would allow to add lots of new cities in SA. Not sure if FLA is working on vehicle ID limits, but would also be nice to add new vehicles instead of replacing them.

As for implementation: my personal approach here: do not touch original GTA SA files. I don't want to force users go somewhere and download custom files, I want random user that discovered my server accidentally being able to join and get all he needs within MTA window.

With this approach you are forced to use scripts or MTA maps to create enviroment. This means all created objects would be handled by MTA streaming logic. And here is the problem - to make limits work full strength you'll have to rewrite streaming. Cause default MTA streamer with huge amount of objects displayed at the same time just not working. For instance: on Vice City map in some areas you can't see ahead more than 100-200m. You should have at least 500-600m minimal draw distance to make the immersion feeling that it is a full scale city. When objects appear in front of your nose you definetly not feeling that.

You can achieve higher draw distances by implementing custom streaming logic and loading objects dynamically in Lua, but how many scripters are skilled enough to make it work properly? I guess we are talking about the mass product here. And in the end you would not be able to significally improve draw distance anyways.

Edited by AfterAll14
  • Like 2

This implementation sounds very interesting and awesome!I am not very experimented in MTA/GTA SA tehnical side but, after reading the replies, i would use the limits ajuster in vehicles and mapping sides,more exactly for LOD limits and more cars.

( Sorry 4 my bad english )