3D minimap with second camera position

Awang

Hello everybody! :D

I'm new in the foum, and I have a question for you guys ( what a suprise :o:D) . I found this video on the internet, but I haven't got any idea, how the scripter made this.... Have you got any ideas guys? I really want to make something like this, couse I have an own city in SA and I haven't better idea, how to make possible the minimap :/

Thank you guys for our help, and in last case, sorry for my bad English :D

Pretty sure it's based on the rear-view mirror script. Basically, you switch the camera every frame back and forth - effectively cutting your FPS in half(hence the awkward flickering of objects as well, another side effect). You then render the other camera on a render target.

It's not efficient and not a very good solution, but as of now it's the only way to do it.

Edited by Dealman
12 minutes ago, Awang said:

So, if I understand clearly, if the player have, for example 30fps, its decrease to 15fps?

Pretty much yes. Since you'll be switching to another camera matrix every consecutive frame. For example;

Frame 1: Car
Frame 2: Overtop view
Frame 3: Car
Frame 4: Overtop view

And so on...

11 hours ago, Bonsai said:

Did anyone ever try to find out how that big screen in the LS Stadium works?

It shows the player from a different position, so there maybe  is some actual second camera stuff going on.

Is't it working with the Browser functions?

16 hours ago, Bonsai said:

Did anyone ever try to find out how that big screen in the LS Stadium works?

It shows the player from a different position, so there maybe  is some actual second camera stuff going on.

Interesting point, might be something the MTA devs could take a look at?

5 hours ago, Tekken said:

Is't it working with the Browser functions?

I think you misunderstood him entirely :P

If I'm correct Renderware does support multiple cameras. SA might be using another camera (View point) to render the screen in the stadium. If some how we could get a function to create another view point then that would add a whole lot of possibilities; including this, but also proper vehicle reflections, rear view mirrors (With out frame lag), etc.