MTA:SA, Windows XP/Vista, CEF components and you

jhxp

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys not giving support to windows XP it's really stupid, tons of our players have old PCs that doesn't support new generation games (that's the main reason why they still playing MTA), honestly giving our windows XP players just exchange a stupid browser it's really really bad idea, and very honestly it's a browser that nobody cares about, just by pressing windows button I can go to my browser why defuq I would need it in MTA?

Another point is that for example when I have no friends available to test a script for 1< n players I use virtual machines which are very useful, I haven't got very powerful PC but I can run windows XP in 2 virtual machines at the same time, by this way testing stuff it's always easier, if I would need to run a windows 7 in a virtual machine maybe I wouldn't be able to even run 1 properly...

Edited by ManeXi
3 hours ago, ManeXi said:

Guys not giving support to windows XP it's really stupid, tons of our players have old PCs that doesn't support new generation games (that's the main reason why they still playing MTA)

1) MTA still works on Windows XP, we just don't give support for major issues certain people have (which are most likely related to malware activity).
2) "Tons of players" is an alternative fact. In reality, we're talking about 2.2% of our players (as of yesterday).
3) Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP several years ago. Therefore, it's just a matter of time until people will get massive problems with malware.

honestly giving our windows XP players just exchange a stupid browser it's really really bad idea,

Well, they can actually use the browser. The XP variant just uses an old, unsupported version of the browser. So apart from XP users being vulnerable to malware, the MTA variant runs fine with the exact same features.

I haven't got very powerful PC but I can run windows XP in 2 virtual machines at the same time,

Feel free to do it :-P

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

@Jusonex

1,3 New malicious applications, are created under mainstream OS. Holes are closed by antiviruses, many of which support XP still. XP use people who have seen the computer not yesterday and as at most somewhere at the time of Vista when it seemed rather heavy. And you are right that players in general upgrade to new versions Windows, including because of requirements of games. But just among remained more than that who better uses an antivirus, but doesn't think that his installation in itself will unambiguously protect. Or and that it is worse, thinking that safety of new versions, is enough also for work without antivirus.

2. This figure concerns directly players of MTA or in general in all games?

In general it isn't so terrible, but in certain cases, the dangerous tendency turns out. Many programs, in aspiration to the present, begin to spit not only on the fact that there were good OS, in something and remained the best, but also on advantages of the old versions.