How to Fix the Shotgun

Guest Cheeser12

this is why gta3ssv is cool cause with ur scm pwnage trx u made that warp jump...and u can dodge shots of t3h ground n stuff
That is more of a side effect than intentional tho :roll::oops:

It is fun though

I've actually jumped over a yakuza stinger while being on the ground, somehow :D

Let me explain why the bigger jump(If im incorrect, delete this, before I make a retarte outa myself :P):

It seems that the ped model (yakuza/cop/whatever) jump, acts diffarantly than the singleplayer dudes jump, thus resulting in a "doubling" in the jump.

April first was yesterday, man :P

Let me explain why the bigger jump(If im incorrect, delete this, before I make a retarte outa myself :P):

It seems that the ped model (yakuza/cop/whatever) jump, acts diffarantly than the singleplayer dudes jump, thus resulting in a "doubling" in the jump.

lmfao cant be serious

lol in real life who wouldnt get knocked down after a blast of the shotgun?

In real life, people don't respawn. In real life, people die after only a few hits from a pistol rather than being able to take over 10 pistol hits. The GTA games aren't meant to be realistic. They're meant to be fun. And right now, knockdown isn't very fun. Sure, I like a bit of realism too, but we need some room for fun as well, even if it is a bit unrealistic.

Unfortunately it isnt simple preventing knockdown either, and certainly not distance dependant knockdown. If it was we would have experimented with it already. :/

Well, alright then. Maybe add the weapon switching delay or something? Or fix the delay already there?(Someone in this thread said there was a short delay, but people got past it) Would it maybe be possible in a later version, like MTA:Blue?

Thats true though. I think it should be realistic as it is. Other guns will one day have an advantage against the shotgun when guns are 100% synced. I say leave it as it is until that day comes, check if the shotgun will be less dominant.

Probably will be balanced then. But that day might not come for a while. Until then, we need to make knockdown more balanced.

Its not the actual knockdown that makes it frustrating, but the lame and slow-ass way your player gets up afterward. Unfortunately, those animations cannot be controlled in our current core (0.5) We have looked into the matter before and the only way we found to stop knockdown then was by using a method which caused all sorts of problems.

True. Knockdown would be more bearable if we could get up quicker after being hit by one.

Eliminating the knockdown caused by shotguns won't make anything more balanced. It will just make yet another weapon weaker... what's next, complaining that you get knocked down from grenades?

Getting up quicker after knockdown won't save you from being finished off before you can move, either.

Every weapon must have its advantages and disadvantages. There needs to be diversity or we'll be looking at the same problem we faced in 0.5's VC DM all over again. Dulling down weapons so that they have the exact same range, firing rate, amount of ammunition, and damage isn't "balanced."

To balance things, you have to have the advantages and disadvantages like zircon said. By that, every weapon must have a weakness. Its like rock, paper, scissors. Each one has an advantage and disadvantage. There was a weakness to the stubby, and it was the M60 0.3 version. That weapon was long range and would kill someone with the stubby easily.

Every weapon must have its advantages and disadvantages. There needs to be diversity or we'll be looking at the same problem we faced in 0.5's VC DM all over again. Dulling down weapons so that they have the exact same range, firing rate, amount of ammunition, and damage isn't "balanced."

_0_ .. Totally agree there...

You can't keep 'balancing' weapons till we're all running around with hammers and bats with a 1 damage encounter...

There are enough weapons which can beat the shotgun easily with a little practice and skills...

If you are a good player you should be able to count and shoot when you hit the player. What? you cant escape the knockdown? No one's timing is perfectly perfect. Well there is in 0.3-0.41 (me :wink: but not that perfect always) You should be able to escape the player. When you get up right after th knockdown, JUMP. Easy. Everyone can do that. Many player love the knockdown of the shotguns, and btw,

In real life, people don't respawn. In real life, people die after only a few hits from a pistol rather than being able to take over 10 pistol hits. The GTA games aren't meant to be realistic. They're meant to be fun. And right now, knockdown isn't very fun. Sure, I like a bit of realism too, but we need some room for fun as well, even if it is a bit unrealistic.

Do you think dieing right away and you cannot respawn is a sensable answer? And the weapons, they dont take that much damage in online mode. Eliminating knockdowns wont make everyone happy. Shotgun damage is not like in real life too. Arent you happy enough shotguns dont kill you in 1 shot unlike real life? Why dont you spawn as a character with a long range weapon and go kill the robber from long range? Whoops is that a bit too extreme?