[HELP] speedometer / fuel state

opnaiC

Hello,

I am making a speedometer and need some help. So I finished the speedometer for the car speed and its working without any bugs. But now I need to make one for the fuel. I am using this to get the fuel state.

getElementData(getPedOccupiedVehicle ( localPlayer ), "fuel" ) or 0 

I have a config where I can change the full fuel tank for diffrent cars. Example: Infernus = 500 and Cheetah = 300. But I dont know how to calculate the rotation of the needle on the speedometer for the car tank fuel state. The rotation should be every time 180. But the problem is that the car fuel is different from model to model. So how can I calculate the rotation for all cars by different fuel tank ? I hope you can help me with that.

dxDrawImage(screenX-575, screenY-320, 300,300,"img/fuel_speed.png",fuel-100,0.0,0.0,tocolor(255,255,255,255),false)-- how to calculate the fuel needle rotation? 

I just got into the same problem some times ago, I used this and it helped me a lot:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9291 ... ning-ratio

NewValue = (((OldValue - OldMin) * (NewMax - NewMin)) / (OldMax - OldMin)) + NewMin

NewValue is gonna be your value, OldValue is gonna be your 300 for Cheetah, 500 for Infernus (depends on the car), NewMax is gonna be as much as your rectangle's length is, NewMin is gonna be 0.

Good luck