The future of MTA is coming.

I agree about opening up a new forum for SA. About "hunt bigfoot", we already have that its called manhunt, but its on script. I would like to see a more detailed manhunt gamemode rather than one on a script.

I also would be happy to see a co op story mode. Missions would be easier, you could drive each other all day, take over territories, kill the cops, and more. you could have almost a whole new experience with one person on your side.

The team deathmatch mode is here, but on scripts. Once a gain I would like to see a more detailed team DM mode rather than one on a script. Its very fun, but I would like it to be in the game than just on the script. I wan't to see something like flashing territories, and pickups like health and armor when someone dies. Turfwars should be a gamemode rather than a script.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may open one upon the release of the PC version - I don't know. As of now, it's kind of pointless as the devs' answers to most questions will probably be "we don't know yet". You're welcome to create an "MTA:SA Gamemode Suggestion" thread though.

Kyeman is developing in Vice City at the moment in preperation for a move to SA if/when possible. I would imagine that most multiplayer mods at whatever stage will do the same at some point.

No it isnt possible to use to the ps2 version to make a PC version multiplayer.

Hmm might just have to open up a seperate thread to get this thing going! =o) I guess you've got a point there Jon, why have a forum for something that doesn't exist yet.

Where's all this info about Blue then? That sounds like a project that's going to blow us all away!

And what servers do you fun people play on? I keep joining games with people who seem happy to just wander round shooting at me!

Aaron is right. We are tired because we don't use our imagination. Most of us don't go somewhere past killing. I was racing in SSV the other day and that was fun because there was killing all the time and everyone got sick of it. I should say another part of the future of mta is team deathmatch. This will attract a lot of people and keep the old ones. If you are all tired if FFA, play mta gather. Its really fun and organized because of the script. Just go on irc and get a few friends and go in #mta.gather and you might have a different experience of mta.

SSV is designed as Team Based Gameplay... But nobody bothers. Everyone spawns as Yakuza and bounces around with shotguns

Team play is perfectly possible now, with or without a script, but it takes practice to make sure you and your teammates are actually WORKING as a team.

The only reason many people and I use the shotgun a lot now is because of the dreadful credit glitch. People want their credit for the kill so the are always close. Once the glitch is fixed, you might see a spread in gameplay.

I doubt that, simply because I've already lived through the initial inclusion of Portland GTA III and people still always used the shotgun, and the kill credit worked much better in .4. It still had issues, but not quite so many as .5's kill credit system. I'm thinking it's something to do with the GTA III Engine. I belive Kent mentioned it once when I caught him in a server.

I'm hoping for a nice half-way point between what we saw in .4 and what we have in .5 SSV when .5.1 comes to light. The extra jump is good (Hinders those shotgun double kills and helps to avoid carkillers), the weapon selection at spawn is great, the team based gameplay and missions are superb; unfortunately, people seem to completely disregard this excellent addition to MTA because they're too busy bouncy around like ninnies near the punk noodles.

And if I hear one more person calling me a "runner" because I fight from outside shotgun range, I'm going to scream.

Yeah, the kill credit bug in 0.5 is definitely worse. In 0.4 it accused the wrong people of killing but I'm finding in 0.5 that it gets the weapon wrong as well. I was playing today in SSV and it kept saying Colt when I was using a Uzi.

I doubt that, simply because I've already lived through the initial inclusion of Portland GTA III and people still always used the shotgun, and the kill credit worked much better in .4. It still had issues, but not quite so many as .5's kill credit system. I'm thinking it's something to do with the GTA III Engine. I belive Kent mentioned it once when I caught him in a server.

Were there problems in 0.3b with this as well?

hahahah, that made my day :)

Sorry but you have clearly never played 0.3b :)

EDIT: I should elaborate as I guess many reading this wont have either.

In 0.3b you didnt shoot people, hell when you saw someone it was virtually impossible to tell if it was someone ingame or the ghost of someone whod connected for 30 seconds 20 minutes ago and had since lost conn, usually it was the latter if it began to run up building walls etc.

In 0.3b you had an uzi so you technically 'could' shoot, but in my many many many hours of play i succesfully killed someone ONCE, and he was standing still and was none too happy about it afterwards. The uzi was to give you somethign to do while you ran to the next car :)

In 0.3b there was no chat unless u alt tabbed to the client and typed in there, needless to say nobody chatted other than the odd 'meet at bridge to race'

In 0.3b you couldnt jack players, if you did you'd both have to restart the game to continue. 0.3b was about the joy of driving and sharing experiences in the gta world, and the amazing fact that you could and was pretty much the most fun you could have online at the time (for a gta fan anyway).

Perhaps everyone should be forced to play 0.3b while 0.5 loads. Thered never be a complaint about somethign so petty as 'my favourite shotgun isnt like it was before' again :)

I didn't properly play it because there were only about 5 servers on ASE and no-one was playing on any of them. Everyone else was playing MTA:VC 0.2.2, but I couldn't because I didn't have XP. I did still run 0.3b though (eventually) and play around on my own for a short while. The only other "player" was a frozen character like you mentioned.

EDIT: I should elaborate as I guess many reading this wont have either.

In 0.3b you didnt shoot people, hell when you saw someone it was virtually impossible to tell if it was someone ingame or the ghost of someone whod connected for 30 seconds 20 minutes ago and had since lost conn, usually it was the latter if it began to run up building walls etc.

In 0.3b you had an uzi so you technically 'could' shoot, but in my many many many hours of play i succesfully killed someone ONCE, and he was standing still and was none too happy about it afterwards. The uzi was to give you somethign to do while you ran to the next car :)

In 0.3b there was no chat unless u alt tabbed to the client and typed in there, needless to say nobody chatted other than the odd 'meet at bridge to race'

In 0.3b you couldnt jack players, if you did you'd both have to restart the game to continue. 0.3b was about the joy of driving and sharing experiences in the gta world, and the amazing fact that you could and was pretty much the most fun you could have online at the time (for a gta fan anyway).

Perhaps everyone should be forced to play 0.3b while 0.5 loads. Thered never be a complaint about somethign so petty as 'my favourite shotgun isnt like it was before' again :)

bleh, you should've played with tali back then, it was easy to get him from 999hp to 0 :P

To be honest, some of you guys really do sound like you haven't played SA yet (no offence meant at all).

yeah no kidding! :lol: The game is so awesome, how could anyone contain their excitement? The mear thought of that game possibly being online someday is overwhealming!

I posted this thread to bring awareness to everyone. SA will be our future. Unless it can't play online. :roll: The game is slowly approaching closer to our hard drives! Can you feel the it? Sooo close... Must.... grab.... game..... and ........... beer!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want a neutered SA either.. We need the full open world! Having dog fights with WW2 planes requires this. :D Players will just have to corodinate what they will be doing, but then again, there will be soo many cool mods that will do this for us. :wink:

Id like to point a few things.

gamebro: As u said ppl plays mta cos it makes possible to play with another humans, MTA Team has given us that and every1 has finally their gta multiplayer.

Even mta isnt synched at all i play mta since 0.2 cos its unique.

I dont know if MTA:SA will b possible, the only i know its R* has "help" including the second player wich would help in the developing of mta:sa, cos its totally synched and fully operational from 1p view, this point would b aplied to mta in skin,animations,synch and stuff.

MTA has an unique problem, which in my opinion its the guilty of all what happens/affects to MTA since i remember.

How many MTA developers re there? its obvius that they re not enough to handle an giant project like mta.

They re developing mta for free, in their spare time. If there were more MTA Team it would rise fast as sun.. isnt it?

Im not calling u incompetent or lazzy, just u need more help, and wtb, there re actually 10389 registered users who will loose their balls to contribute in the development of this giant project (me included).

I dont know if MTA:SA will b possible, the only i know its R* has "help" including the second player wich would help in the developing of mta:sa, cos its totally synched and fully operational from 1p view, this point would b aplied to mta in skin,animations,synch and stuff.

No-one really knows how the PC version's multiplayer will work, or even if it will ship with it at all. SA's multiplayer has no netcode whatsoever and hence they can sync as much as they like without lag. MTA operates over the internet and does not have this luxury.

MTA has an unique problem, which in my opinion its the guilty of all what happens/affects to MTA since i remember.

How many MTA developers re there? its obvius that they re not enough to handle an giant project like mta.

They re developing mta for free, in their spare time. If there were more MTA Team it would rise fast as sun.. isnt it?

Im not calling u incompetent or lazzy, just u need more help, and wtb, there re actually 10389 registered users who will loose their balls to contribute in the development of this giant project (me included).

I don't see how a development team of 10389 people (many with no experience or qualification at all) will achieve anything productive. The MTA Team are always looking for new team members, so you could email Cray or IJs in order to apply. Also, it could be argued that community members are part of the team because they are testing the beta versions of MTA and providing their feedback in order to improve the mod.

JonChappell wrote:

I don't see how a development team of 10389 people (many with no experience or qualification at all) will achieve anything productive. The MTA Team are always looking for new team members, so you could email Cray or IJs in order to apply. Also, it could be argued that community members are part of the team because they are testing the beta versions of MTA and providing their feedback in order to improve the mod.

...pointless.

U surelly know what i meant (obviusly it isnt an 10389 ppl team)

Im sure a near 50 ppl of 10389 (and rising) would help in the developments.

If it were so easy to join mta team im sure there would b more developers than it actually does.

What its clear its that R* will include the 2 players mode (which its pointless in pc.. or u re going to install 2 mouses to play? :roll: )[/u]

Edited by Guest

If it were so easy to join mta team im sure there would b more developers than it actually does.

Well they don't just pick anyone, as you're suggesting. They did only recruit Oli within the last 2-3 weeks though.

JonChappell wrote:

...pointless.

What its clear its that R* will include the 2 players mode (which its pointless in pc.. or u re going to install 2 mouses to play :roll: )

2 player in SA:PC? i don't think so......if u want be part of the team proove yourself (like Oli did 8) )

Well they don't just pick anyone, as you're suggesting.

Im not suggesting them to pick ppl like bus...

Im just suggesting to test more coders,mem hackers, and stuf...

"U help us developing MTA coz u test our beta"--->No. What kind of help would give an ussuall mta player? ye i know this bug, that glitch and sh!t but thats not enough.

Every day u can c modders, c++ programmers or simply hackers who would REALLY help developing this out instead of hacking MTA clients.

2 player in SA:PC? i don't think so......if u want be part of the team proove yourself (like Oli did Cool )

Its totally out of sense that PlayStation users can play co-op mode but not PC players, remember they told PC version will got more features than PS2, maybe this co-op mode its an preview of what they re working on (nobody knows)

..what ever im not talking about me, im talking about these unknow users who would really help.im not talking bout cheatersi meant ppl who handles GTA.

Edited by Guest
Every day u can c modders, c++ programmers or simply hackers who would REALLY help developing this out.

These guys do it to ruin fun. I think some of them might have the skills, but MTA would not recruit them cause they were cheating in the first place which breaks the EULA unless he/she was some sort of helpfull modder and would turn over a new leaf but that isn't going to happen.

"U help us developing MTA coz u test our beta"--->No. What kind of help would give an ussuall mta player? ye i know this bug, that glitch and sh!t but thats not enough.

Every day u can c modders, c++ programmers or simply hackers who would REALLY help developing this out.

You and I seem to have a different understanding of how people can help. You think that more coders can speed up the process whereas I think that the mass beta makes it easier for the existing coders which leads to greater efficiency. Throw in too many programmers and they'd interfere with each other's work and it would also be difficult to manage a larger group of people. These factors would actually slow down the process.