CEF + YouTube + Adobe Flash error

anumaz

• 1 month later...

Here is the resource.

If Flash Player is detected when the resource is started, the test web title will read your currently installed Flash Player version. In my case however, even after installing Flash Player from here, it isn't able to read it. Interestingly, if I open the test.htm file bundled with the resource in my browser (Firefox), it works fine.

It uses the SWFObject tool to check the version, in case you are wondering, so if Flash Player is installed there should be no problems.

It just shows detected in Chrome and Opera but no flash player detected in-game.

Does this not work for you?

sW,sH = guiGetScreenSize() 
bW,bH = 640,360 

Screen = createBrowser(bW,bH,false,false) 

function loadURL() 
    loadBrowserURL(Screen,"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t60roHM1t7o") 
end 
addEventHandler("onClientBrowserCreated",Screen,loadURL) 

function drawBrowser() 
    dxDrawImage((sW-bW)/2,(sH-bH)/2,bW,bH,Screen) 
end 
addEventHandler("onClientRender",root,drawBrowser) 

I'm pretty sure Youtube uses html5 now. So, Youtube shouldn't have to be a problem.

When I load this:

requestBrowserDomains({"get.adobe.com"}) 
function loadURL() 
    loadBrowserURL(guiGetBrowser(Screen),"https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/") 
end 
addEventHandler("onClientBrowserWhitelistChange",root,loadURL) 
addEventHandler("onClientBrowserCreated",guiGetBrowser(Screen),loadURL) 

The page says it's installed but that it's disabled, even though it's enabled in my settings. So yeah, I'm not sure either.

Yes, YouTube works fine for me because it uses HTML5 and that is not a problem. But there are some important websites that use Flash to display content and don't have plans of changing very soon (example of big site which still uses Flash Player: ok.ru), so requesting an HTML5 version of the site is not an option.

I think this is an actual issue with MTA: SA implementation of CEF, because you said that it couldn't detect Flash in-game but it could in Chrome, which is based on Chromium too. I'm going to report this issue in Mantis to see what's going on.

EDIT: you can watch and comment the issue here.