[REL] Cinema Experience 2.0 [Updated 13th January 2017]

Tails

• 4 months later...
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
59 minutes ago, Marinovv said:

It does not work correctly! When playing a video, a window pops up asking "do I want to play the video" and I "press yes" and the video starts, but not on the big screen, but in the window.

There are currently multiple things wrong with this resource:

- YouTube API key is no longer usable

- Various issues (and things they changed on YouTube's end) obstructing playback, including https://github.com/multitheftauto/mtasa-blue/issues/1747

We recently already helped them maintain this resource, e.g by removing the "YouTube TV workaround" update that made the interface look worse - after MTA released a solution of their own (see here). Soon, when the current issue with that "do you want to play that video" has also been solved by MTA, we will probably do that again, by releasing an update to fix various issues that would be left to stand in the way of proper functioning. Because the authors seem rather inactive and this resource isn't their priority anymore.. while it was very popular when it still worked.

So just wait, it probably won't be long until y'all can use it again.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Dutchman101 said:

There are currently multiple things wrong with this resource:

- YouTube API key is no longer usable

- Various issues (and things they changed on YouTube's end) obstructing playback, including https://github.com/multitheftauto/mtasa-blue/issues/1747

We recently already helped them maintain this resource, e.g by removing the "YouTube TV workaround" update that made the interface look worse - after MTA released a solution of their own (see here). Soon, when the current issue with that "do you want to play that video" has also been solved by MTA, we will probably do that again, by releasing an update to fix various issues that would be left to stand in the way of proper functioning. Because the authors seem rather inactive and this resource isn't their priority anymore.. while it was very popular when it still worked.

So just wait, it probably won't be long until y'all can use it again.

I updated with my API key, but the problem remains the same. I will be happy if the plugin is updated.

• 1 month later...

I can't turn on the video on the big screen. What should I do?

On 10/29/2020 at 1:46 PM, Dutchman101 said:

В настоящее время с этим ресурсом происходит несколько неправильных вещей:

- Ключ API YouTube больше не используется

- Различные проблемы (и вещи, которые они изменили на конце YouTube), препятствующие воспроизведению, в том числе https://github.com/multitheftauto/mtasa-blue/issues/1747

Недавно мы уже помогли им поддерживать этот ресурс, например, удалив обновление "обходной путь YouTube TV", которое сделало интерфейс хуже - после того, как MTA выпустила свое собственное решение (см. здесь). Вскоре, когда текущая проблема с этим "вы хотите воспроизвести это видео" также будет решена MTA, мы, вероятно, сделаем это снова, выпустив обновление, чтобы исправить различные проблемы, которые будут стоять на пути правильного функционирования. Потому что авторы кажутся довольно неактивными, и этот ресурс больше не является их приоритетом.. хотя он был очень популярен, когда еще работал.

Так что просто подождите, это, вероятно, не будет долго, пока вы все не сможете использовать его снова.

Here I have the same problem.

On 10/29/2020 at 12:42 PM, Marinovv said:

It does not work correctly! When playing a video, a window pops up asking "do I want to play the video" and I "press yes" and the video starts, but not on the big screen, but in the window.

Here I have the same problem.

Edited by MoHaRx
  • 7 months later...

The mod is cool and all, but the only problem im having is that some videos work and other if u select them you get 

Video Unavailable

Watch on YouTube

it seems to happen mostly to videos that have music or songs. So I wonder is there fix for this or its YouTube breaking something at their end?spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Loki , Congratulations for the beautiful work on the movie script , which by the way is fantastic simply phenomenal , but there is only one but it is not opening the video that was supposed to open i type the command normally as it was said in the instructions but whenever i give Start on Video Always Appears That Screen of Who is Watching Like the Picture Below in the Attachment I Wanted To Know If You Could Help Me With This Problem Please, If I Have Help, I Will Recommend This Script To My Closest Friends, Thanks For Understanding

Spoiler
Spoiler

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, CarCrasher said:

So its not repairable? Weird as i saw only server that didnt have this issue but others have? Eh I guess youtube really sucks.

No, it does not suck. YouTube is doing this to 1) advance their app agenda and 2) force people back to their website. It makes perfect sense from a business perspective. They are known to do this because they have attacked the myTube! Windows 10 app multiple times by API changes. If you want to give them the benefit of the doubt then you can blame the instability of web technologies in general. But now you understand why they are really good at their agenda and not "suck".

Edited by The_GTA
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, The_GTA said:

No, it does not suck. YouTube is doing this to 1) advance their app agenda and 2) force people back to their website. It makes perfect sense from a business perspective. They are known to do this because they have attacked the myTube! Windows 10 app multiple times by API changes. If you want to give them the benefit of the doubt then you can blame the instability of web technologies in general. But now you understand why they are really good at their agenda and not "suck".

Ok my bad.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@MGO_SA @Magiz0r @Reda_Iq @CarCrasher @Woffi1221 @Lt.Price @MoHaRx @Marinovv @DreaM40BG

I pushed a small update to Cinema Experience (version 2.3) on March 20th, 2024. This is mostly a release to fix some long standing issues. The changes include:

• Fixed video playback issues with auto click through and ad skipping
  • Improved screen resolution from 360p to 1080p
  • Smoothed ambilight color transitions
  • Unlocked Audio Toggle and Change View settings
  • Added screen aspect ratio adjustment in settings
  • Added YouTube Shorts support (.com browser only)
  • Minor UI and texture updates
  • Fixed hud compatibility issue
  • Fixed some multiplayer sync issues

A couple of new features added as well: onscreen video start messages, and the ability to Change View to look directly at the screen. I also cleaned up some unused settings and code.

Note that if YouTube TV acts up, you can try enabling the embed video fallback by setting useEmbeds=true in shared.lua. This may cause some videos to error out though due to an embedding issue which is unfixable.

You can download the updated version here. Let me know if you run into any other issues. Enjoy!

• Like 3