Server On Rotation?

Jani

maybe you can make a thingy so you can have a server on rotation, like counter-strike, where say every 30 minutes it switches to a different map?

so for MTA:VC severs it would be Vice City Deathmatch -> Vice City Stunt -> DM -> Stunt etc

and GTA3 would be Portland -> Staunton -> Shoreside Vale -> Portland -> Staunton, etc

yeh it would kick everyone from the server and tell them to rejoin for the next map...i unno

Or maybe it quits automatically with a dialog saying "Connecting..." which you can either just close or leave to restart the game automatically when it connects (you'd still have to go through the VC menu though).

This could easily be done with 2/3 separate .conf files and a script to restart the server with each separate one. The person would be forced to reconnect as they'd timeout. If they didn't /quit and restart, they would be likely to crash soon enough as it would be pretty unstable with the wrong map...

ive written a script that does this. It needs ftp access to the server but it works.. only down side is the server restarts.

Basically u specify what game modes u want rotating and the frequency and it uploads conf files to the server and restarts it in the imes u specify.

Note: this doesnt require an ftp browser... ive writen the FTP netcode into the script so it works just fine on its own.

Ill put some finishing touches on this script and release when im ready i u want?

ive mentioned this serveral times and hoped it'd be out in the release. I was especially hoping for it in gta3, since now portland has become dead along with staunton as i predicted. Regular mapchanges would be a good feature and will make the gameplay like other online games. and guess what...by having a map change, there is an END to a map, therfore, creating a WINNER, believe or not. MTA might actually have a goal!

well, hardly any servers have mtama gamemdoes enabled, just because they get boring. with a map/round system it'll be different, with regular map changes, plus a 'winner' as i suggested could merely be an addition. my main point was the fact that portland and staunton are now a ghost town.

Thats the problem. People won't like the switch because shoreside vale's gamemodes and features are only for that island. People would accept it if all the island had the same features.