Fix For Client ASE Unscanned Server Problem

I have had this unscanned server problem since .5 came out and recently figured out what is going wrong. For me it was cause by a router setting. For Linksys routers type the router IP (192.168.1.1) into internet explorer. Then after loging in look for a tab labeled DMZ Host. Then fill in the IP address that the router has assigned to the computer you want to use MTA on. If you don't know how to find this IP: in Windows XP open My Network Places then from the side bar select view network connections. Double click on the Local Area Connection and the internal IP is listed under the support tab. I hope this helps others with this problem get it working! :)

Putting yourself in the DMZ is not to be recommended. You make yourself 100% open to all the net nasties. You should just redirect the correct query port to your computer, (server port +123 I think). If you do have to put yourself in the DMZ for it to work, make sure you run an effective firewall.

eAi

eAi forwarding that port did solve the problem. This might be a good thing to add to the manual. One thing I still notice is that 75% of the servers are now scanned with the proper server information, but the last 25% still are listed as unscanned. Is everyone elses like this? Is there a way to fix it? Thanks!

eAi forwarding that port did solve the problem. This might be a good thing to add to the manual. One thing I still notice is that 75% of the servers are now scanned with the proper server information, but the last 25% still are listed as unscanned. Is everyone elses like this? Is there a way to fix it? Thanks!

I get that too. They're probably offline.