Error Reports

eAi

We've had lots of error reports coming in (clearly, we'd like it if there were none).

36% seem to be related to two different crash issues in Vice City Deathmatch on loading, we'll look into these. One of these crashes (which accounts for 20% of all crashes) occurs only on Vice City 1.0. If you're having this crash, a solution would be to upgrade to 1.1. The other 16% is equally split between 1.0 and 1.1.

PLEASE write error notes! It only takes a second and it makes our life so much easier! If you don't want to do it straight away, just click the "add notes" button and leave the window for later, it doesn't expire.

Many thanks,

eAi

:cat:

i only crashed once

but i did gt " Unable to connect: Suspected trainer usage. "

i belive this was that i had an msn chat window opened in bk ground :S

once i closed it, then it connected (1 porblem sloved (Y) lol)

edit: close all other applications in back ground

Edited by Guest

I cannot join any mta 0.5 server, even my own.

When I connect everything goes right, but when I start the game, the game crashes after the intro. I had no graphical problems so I run 1.0 and I have tried 1.1 too. But it keeps crashing after the intro

And a lot of my friends have this problem too :cry: I wanna play MTA :cry:

When I connect everything goes right, but when I start the game, the game crashes after the intro. I had no graphical problems so I run 1.0 and I have tried 1.1 too. But it keeps crashing after the intro

all i can say is reinstall gta Vc & MTA

see if thats helps?

Do you get given an error ID by the error reporter? If so, can you tell us what?

eAi

I have had all the crashes ur talkin about:

-suspected trainer: solved by putting it in the safe-list of sp2-firewall :D , windows doesn't ask for blocking or unblocking of mta so do it manually! Quiting msn didn't help me

-modified client:only way to get rid of it so far is by rebooting my pc :(

-sudden ingame crashes:no solution here :cry:

I would have preferred an update of 0.4.1 so it just wouldn't crash...

We're actually getting too many error reports now. The reports per user has gone down, roughly 4 crashes per user - much higher in 0.4, which is a good sign, but the actual number of users has increased hugely (over 2000 based on IPs). Clearly the best way to resolve this is to fix the crashes. In the meantime, please make sure you write notes. They really help us hugely. Only about 4.43% of crashes have notes at the moment.

eAi

i have no explanation for this but when i started playing MTA 0.5 my ping was an awful lot higher than it was in 0.4.1 and my MTA 0.5 ping reaches 300 a lot when it was at 40 - 60 in 0.4.1 and in enemy territory my ping is 30 -70. I have tried everything to lower it. I noticed that the inbuilt server browser shows a higher ping than that of the new Yahoo ASE program which showed me pings of 60 but in the server browser it was from 150 upwards

if there is anyway to stop this please tell me or if its a program fault please fix it for 0.5.1

thanks a lot [DNA]Jakkass

I have a problem, every time I start my Vice City game, well through MTA, I get to "Start New Game" go through that and to "Multi Game" click that and it loads, as it fully loads, it blacks out and sends me back to my Desktop.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I want to report some error I'm getting, it's my first time using MTA.

When I run MTA shortcut, select a server and run a game it does it without a problem. I click "Start game" and then "New game"... (I have read something about having something like "Multi game" in the menu but I don't have it. I just have "New game" "Load game" "Delete game" and "back") so the game loads without problem and when the MOTD of the server appears.. there are some weird symbols or letters all random that don't make sense at all.. then 1-5 secs that I see a Island behind the MOTD and the game goes back to the picture of GTA: Vice City "loading" but without the loading bar and with the chat on upper left and the MOTD there... and I can't do anything, game freezes, I have to close session and re-open it, it doesn't even let me close it with alt f4 or by program administrator..

I'm using GTA: VC 1.1, I tried it with 1.0 and I got the same problem

I'm using a NO-CD Patch

No Mods installed or anything. The single player runs fine.

Thanks, any help would be aprecciated

I have a problem, every time I start my Vice City game, well through MTA, I get to "Start New Game" go through that and to "Multi Game" click that and it loads, as it fully loads, it blacks out and sends me back to my Desktop.

I had this, i reinstalled and still had it. In the end I took my NoCD crack off and ran it from CD, it hasn't happened since.

I had this, i reinstalled and still had it. In the end I took my NoCD crack off and ran it from CD, it hasn't happened since.

Some are incompatible, particularly those with "extras" such as blood patches.

• 3 weeks later...

i get same error as |*|STATIC|*| sorta part of it is same besides i get weapons.mta to .data error any help with it be great i reinstalled both bought new copy of vc still nothin seems to change i put in that v1.1 patch and i still get same problems blank mta error then weapons.mta-data and then the running a modified copy

wtf when i connect on server a error comes:

Microsoft JET Database Engine

size=2> error`80004005`

Invaild argument.

/ereporst/report.asp

face="Arial"size=2>.line 55