Multi Theft Auto 0.5

eAi

As has been rumored, what has up till now been known as Multi Theft Auto 0.4.5 is now known as 0.5. This is due to the large number of updates and new features in this version.

We've just released a site dedicated to MTA 0.5 which can be viewed by clicking here!

Here's a quick line up of some features included within MTA 0.5:

- Huge increase in stability

- Balanced stubby weapon

- Two new GTA3 islands available including new gamemodes

- Lots of changes to the existing maps

- New server browser integrated into the MTA 0.5 client

- Integrated MTA protocol handler (for mta:// links on websites)

- Brand new client graphical interface

- Rich text support for Message Of The Day, including colors and fonts

- MTA Error Reporting Tool included within the installer (helps us fixing any bugs)

- New MTA 0.5 Dedicated server binaries available for FreeBSD, OpenBSD and Linux

- New installer and configuration tool for Linux dedicated servers

And much more!

We're just tidying up some final parts of the release and hopefully we'll be releasing it soon.

Watch this space!

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A feature which is very helpful for the newbies:

# Added an in-client server that allows you to quickly configure and host a server straight from the MTA Client.

Now it will be very easy for them to set up servers, just as it is with most other games.

# In client global MOTD so that you can hear about news from MTA immediately.

That's awesome! Hope they'll update it regulary.

Also great to see the robber balanced, this should prevent the larger robber wars in the future.

It's no wonder this version jumped up to the 0.5 series, with all these new great features! :D

One of the best features in the long run is the stability. We've been doing loads of testing, and in about 6 hours of tests we had 8 crashes (with 5 people playing). We've fixed 7 of those crashes, and one was probably causes by changing game while someone else was in-game... so we'll see.

Clearly, when we actually release it could all go haywire ;)

eAi

Wow that is a huge improvement. People were thinking mta was dead for a while but they were wrong. All this was being stored so it could be a big suprise for us. The team stored so much information I don't know what to say. Once MTA 1.0 is released and it is perfect, i'll bet the team will get a phone call from rockstar.

Diabling jumping with the stubby?

Have you synched up Crouching then? Doesn't this encourage glitching? Glitchers don't jump, they crouch and break the animations that way.

Not jumping with Grenades is ok I suppose, one way to stop that particular glitch, though it also leaves behind the crouch glitch issue.

Everything else looks great though, nice improvements and additions. I'll just have to wait and see if this no-jump thing works out.

Glitchers don't jump, they crouch and break the animations that way.
I was talking with Kent767 and the Devs think that Jumping to break the animation (which every stubby user practically does) is glitching. Also he said that trx worked on the crouching, but he didnt go into more detail.
Diabling jumping with the stubby?

Have you synched up Crouching then? Doesn't this encourage glitching? Glitchers don't jump, they crouch and break the animations that way.

Not jumping with Grenades is ok I suppose, one way to stop that particular glitch, though it also leaves behind the crouch glitch issue.

Everything else looks great though, nice improvements and additions. I'll just have to wait and see if this no-jump thing works out.

Don't worry, professional ingame experience was asked for about exploit issues for a long time, I think you (and I since I actually did not test MTAVC this time... so dont contact me noobs :P... too busy these days lol) are in for a great surprise ;)