• Redhat Linux 7, 8 or 9
    • Fedora Core 1, 2 or 3
    • FreeBSD 5
    • OpenBSD 3
    • Slackware Linux
    • Gentoo Linux
    • Other OS

Question

Here's a poll for all MTA users, especially the users who run their own MTA servers.

What operating system are you using or would you prefer for the MTA Server.

We want to increase the support for our server application by compiling it for different operating systems and under different configurations, not just 1 version for Linux and 1 for Win32 like we have right now, but versions for different versions of BSD and Linux (and maybe some other known OSses), think of .deb's for Debian and .rpm's for Redhat, etc.

If you're not using the server right now, and if you think you aren't going to use it in the near future, please don't vote.

If you would vote Windows, don't vote either. This is about non-Windows operating systems.

The Win32 platform is removed, cause we know that at least (and even more than) 50% of the users is using Windows.

If you choose Other OS please be specific what operating system you mean (version and any related URLs would be nice as well).

b2t:

i run a MTA server on Debian Linux 3.0 (woody). For installing I used the binary! But the config tool has some errors, for example i can't enter an adminplus password. waways when i prss enter on it, it emptys the line and i can't enter a password. Changing the value of "doChatLog" is also not available, same error.

But the server runs very well!!

BTW: The discussion about "linux/windows, what is the better system?" is sensless! Both systems are great! I'm a windows-guru, but I prefer Linux for some actions! So: Everyone take what he wants!! ;)

Ye,

Im running Ubuntu 6.10 and wine for mirc works pretty good. MTA:mA for MTAVC seems to work fine, some errors for display, and i think some packets cant be recieved, but i believe that does not affect anything, for i havent found out yet. MTA:mA for SA Race is a bit more buggy in my opionion in wine over time. It gets a bit buggy after 2-3 days of running without restart. (Wine with mIRC). But, seeing how 6.21 was released just now, that might have this fixed, or made better, for 6.21 was a bug fixing release.

Cya,

Tommis