Wonderful idea for a multiplayer game!

What do you think about this idea?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this idea?

• Great!
    • OK
    • Bad

EDIT: A better document on this idea can be found @ http://koti.mbnet.fi/mika_j/mpidea.doc in Word 97-2002 format.

Hi! I have an idea which is much like what smokemasta suggested but more detailed. Hope you like it!

Short version (the basic idea, read my all posts for more stuff more detailed):

-gangs fight against each other

-you can do missions and steal banks etc. to get more money (and of course by killing people from other gangs, driving taxi, whatever)

-you can prevent other gang from doing missions by

*bribing a player from other gang to tell what they are planning

*eavesdropping to hear their conversation

-when you are near enough a player, you can see his chatting text above his head so you can see what he is talking about

-car bombs, bomber plains etc could be used

-big weapons arsenal, you can buy them all if you got the money

-groups can buy buildings to get more spawn points and shelter

-the game ends when other team has lost it's all money, a team reaches the wealth limit (is rich enough) or when time is up (if there is a time limit)

--

There could be 2 or more groups (ie Cubans vs Haitians) that could freely do their business in a city in the normal way. But the main point would be becoming the most scary/rich group in the town. Each player would be paid money for every action they make (killing members of other gangs, making dirty business etc). You could steal banks and shops and stuff for more money and use it + salary to buy new weapons.

The main excitement would be this: you should prevent the other group from getting money and that way make your own group stronger. You could for example try to bribe a member from another group to tell you what actions the other group has planned and that way try to stop them. If they were going to for example steal a bank, you could go with your team and buy sniper rifles and take them out when they come out the bank and steal the money.

The game ends when the other team has no money, when the time is up (if the server has a time limit) or when the other team has collected a certain amount of money. So that the game wouldn't get boring, each player would have always a pistol and free bullets from the weapon shop so even if only one player has money left, they could still do dirty business and get more money but only with pistols until they are rich enough to buy other weapons or kill someone with a better gun.

Of course you won't see where the enemies are until you are near them. Ok, one question pops up. Do you have to bribe a player to find out what the other team is up to, or would there be other ways to find out? Now, it could be done this way. When the other team decides to do a dirty job, the members chat in a normal way like in a normal multiplayer game to make a plan. It doesn't matter where they are, they could use a cellular phone and the text they type appears above their heads so when you are near enough, you could see that text. If you happen to see another player chatting, you could spy him and see what he is talking and then go back and chat with your team and tell what you "heard". Now that would be something whatcha think! The chatting text would always appear above player's head (or addition screen pop up to show the text when you are near enough) so you should watch out what you are talking and where.

Now, about bribing. You could bribe a player from the other group to tell your group what the other group is up to. Let's say the groups are A and B. A group could first vote for bribing. Someone sets a vote to bribe someone from the B team and if ie half of teammates agrees. The bribed player should first decide if he is going to do it or not. If yes, they can start chatting and work together. Each member from group A could chat with him but none from the group B would obviously see that conversation.

Now, when the bribed player, lemme call him Jack wants to give the team A a tip, he just starts chatting with the team A (he can call anyone). After that he of course wants money for that tip and he can set a requirement how much he wants. When they come to an agreement, one from the team A has to meet Jack. They can decide the time and the place where to meet. When a player from group A is with Jack, he can give him the money. Of course there is a possibility the team A thinks Jack was lying about what he said and set an ambush when Jack comes and kill him. Well, he don't have to lie to kill him - free tip :D But of course if that happens, then the agreement is over and I bet he don't want to be bribed anymore. Also, both sides could cancel the bribing agreement any time.

Jack could also accept the bribe but tell his teammates that the other team tried to bribe him. Then Jack meets the person who gives him the money and when Jack got the money, his teammates can come out and kill the person from the other team. So you never know what will happen. You gotta know if you accept bribing or not. If the other team is loosing, it could be wise to be bribed cause they can't really afford killing you cause they need your help getting more money.

Ok now, as each Jack's friend from the group B can see his chatting when near enough, they can spot him talking with team A. And that is something they won't accept, so they gotta kill Jack. Now Jack is dead and his host team got his money.

Each player has their own money they can spend for weapons, hookers and stuff, but also common money to pay the bribed player, houses etc. All those together would tell the wealth of the whole group. When a certain limit is reached, the game ends and we have the winner.

You could buy buildings to get more spawn points and shelter against enemies. Enemies wouldn't be able to get in your building.

There could be different work to do like in a single player and the team could choose which to do and when. You would be payed a certain amount of money from each mission and the players who were doing it would have to share the money (more players doing it, less money for each). If the job failures, some money would maybe be taken from them. That would prevent people from going for a job and then do nothing (let others do the business and then just enjoy the money). If you succeeded in stopping other gangs jobs, your team gets money for it. Of course, police will always run after gangs when they make an illegal action.

Here's the cool part. You could grab a car and take your friends in. The driver could shoot from left window with mac or similar and other mates inside could shoot out from their own windows with like any weapon. One of them could also read the map (if you use microphones).

And then to hookers...you could have group sex...well, haha, that was a joke :lol:

OK, here are some key elements:

-2 type of accounts: personal account (for personal stuff like weapons), whole gang account (for common stuff like bribes, buildings, car bombs)

-ff is always on

-you loose money (a lot) if you kill a player from your own group

-if bribed player gets caught and killed, he looses all his money to his host team and becomes teamless and would only be able to chat to everyone to beg each team to vote him to join them (high price for that kinda work)

-teamless player could wander around the city and do for example taxi missions to gain money. he could buy weapons normally and do what he wants but he would not be able to chat with any team privately until he joins one (bribed and killed player can only join if a team votes for him to join).

-from 2-32 players in each team

-from 2 to 4 teams

-the current vice city map could be splitted in two parts to make 2 maps, each team starting from each side with a weapon shop.

-you can only get weapons by buying them from a weapon shop or by killing a player from other gang with a weapon.

-from 1 to 3 minutes time to make some plans and vote for certain things before the game starts

-you could buy car bombs (but they would be expensive) to set them to the cars of other gangs. for example while they are doing some businesses, you could set a bomb to their car and it would trigger when they start the engines

-car bombs would be payed from team's common account and first needs voting to buy one (so that some jerk can't buy those and spend team's account for fun and that there won't be an argue who is going to buy it if the money leaves from the common account)

-kick(ban) for misusing car bombs

EDIT:

-added a short version for people lazy enough to read it all through :D

-removed the part "player uses the money if he gets killed"

-replaced "Now Jack is dead and the one who killed him got more money for that good work." with "Now Jack is dead and his host team got his money."

-key elements updated

Edited by Guest

Some more ideas :D

-players have asterix above their heads but only teammates can see them (so you don't see enemies so well), different color asterix above the head of a bribed player

-you could buy a remote bomber plane or chopper but they would be pretty expensive

damn thats detailed, and what we like to see.

Its been thought of before, but not in the gta:vice world.

Problem is, all of this would need to happen within a few hours, things would have to progress quick, unless the game was desgined for clans, and to last 6 hours (damn thats a long time).

Problem is, all of this would need to happen within a few hours, things would have to progress quick, unless the game was desgined for clans, and to last 6 hours (damn thats a long time).

You are absolutely right about this and I've been thinking about the solution. I bet there are people who wouldn't mind if those games were long. They could just join the game at some point and then leave when they don't want to play anymore. It would be so much fun, I think, that it wouldn't be so big minus.

Another problem is that if the game lasts like 6 hours, players will change all the time, maybe one or two players will play that six hours but the teams will change quite a bit during that time and it will take time to the new players to get the idea what is going on, who is loosing and so on.

I think games will not be very long at least at first because people are a bit confused what this thing is all about, and don't know about tactics and stuff, so both teams can do their own job pretty easily, and the winner is the team who first reaches the wealth limit/looses all money. But as it gets familiar, people learn to disturb other team's actions and games will get longer that's for sure.

But I have a suggestion and people please post your comments how this sounds like and post your own suggestion if you got one.

Each mission would give a certain amount of money, others easier, others harder. And the wealth limit could be adjusted by the administrator. Let's say that one mission gives you like $10000 and another gives $50000. If the wealth limit is $100 000 and they succeed in that $50000 job, they are already half way, and that might have taken them 30 minutes. It doesn't matter what you do, they can all drive taxi if they want and get money that way until they got the $100 000, and they have won unless the other group was even faster. That game would be over pretty soon. Instead, if the wealth limit is like $1 000 000, the game will be much longer obviously. Games with larger wealth limit could be better for newbies since you can make more mistakes and more space to fool around and have fun. I think it sounds like a fine solution.

Now for some gameplay stuff.

Alright, first of all, teams could decide about stuff in two ways:

1) by voting

2) by voting a leader who can make decisions behalf of the whole team

Now, when a player joins the game, he would have no group at first. He can decide to join one or not. If not, he can do much the same things as in vice city single player (drive taxi, make police missions etc.). A groupless player can not see anywhere what players in groups are chatting unless they chat globally that every player is able to see. If a player decides to be groupless, he can't join a group let's say in the next 15 minutes and he would only be able to join a group with an acceptance from a group (passed vote/leader's acceptance). This is so that a player couldn't bounce from a group to another all the time telling what the other team is doing.

When a player joins a team, he would see a statistics screen which shows him what is going on. It could show how much money each team has, how much money he has, what buildings his team owns (spawn points), who are the players in his team, how long the game has been on, if the team has any unused car bombs and stuff like that. We can talk about those later. But that way a new player would be better able to get to work right away and not just wonder what the hell is going on. He plays for the team as long as he wants (unless the game ends) and can leave the group and maybe start playing groupless or leave the game.

A group leader can also kick a player out from the group or he can be voted out. He can also be kicked out from the whole game by voting or by administrator, obviously.

OK, I'm gonna talk more about financing business here. When a game begins, each team gets money to their group account, for example $10000 and each player gets money to his own account let's say $1000 to use for weapons and stuff.

When a person kills a person from another team (not bribed player), he gets let's say $300 from which let's say 30% ($90) goes to the group account. From every personal income some percent will go to the group account. That way everyone is working for the group somehow, don't matter what they do. When a player leaves the group and becomes groupless, he would not loose his money. If a bribed player got caught and killed by his own team, he would automatically be groupless and loose all his money to the team he played. It would go to the group account.

If a person gets killed he looses his all weapons except pistol which would be a free weapon with free bullets.

When a group does a mission and succeeds, all the players that were doing it will share the money that the mission offered. If 10 players did a $30000 mission, each player will get $3000 from which again that 30% or whatever would go to the group account. So group account would get $9000 and each 10 players would get $2100 for their personal use.

If a group fails doing the mission, each person who was doing it would loose, let's say 30% from the income they would have got if they had succeeded. So if 10 players were doing a $30000 mission, each would have got $2100 if succeed but lost $630 if failed. Yet again, if 5 players were doing that same mission and succeed, each would get $4200 for their personal use but loose $1260 if failed. No money would be lost from the group account, only personal. If a person looses that $1260 but has only $660, he has -600 dollars. Better start working then :D

If a group prevents another group from doing their mission, they will of course be rewarded. They could get 30% of the value of the mission and all that would go to the group account. And of course, the other team will loose money the way I already explained. If police prevents group from succeeding, they will loose the money but other groups will get nothing since they didn't stop it themselves.

If a player kills his teammate, he would loose let's say $500 + the value of his weapons except if that player was bribed. The value of his weapons also so that people wouldn't kill their teammates for free weapons if they are worth more than $500. If you accidentally kill your teammate, well...better luck next time :lol:

If a player kills a player who is bribed by the player's own team, he will loose let's say $1000 + the value of his money if the group leader/the one who bribed him had set mode "bribed player killing allowed" OFF. If it's ON, it would be worth of a normal kill. It could be ON when agreed to kill him during a meeting or found that he was lying and want him dead immediately, otherwise OFF.

When a bribed player chat's with the enemy team and tells his tip, he can set an amount how much he wants for that tip. They can discuss about the price as long as they come to an agreement. If the other team still doesn't want to pay but already got the tip, the bribed player can cancel their work together. And maybe he was lying anyways so he didn't loose anything. Actually he won if the other team believed him. But anyways, bribed player would first set the price how much he wants and they can make an agreement about it then.

Now, you know what personal account is for: personal use. Weapons, food, hookers, whatever. Group account is for buying buildings, car bombs, bomber plains, paying bribed player etc. The group's wealth = group account + personal accounts of the players in the group. Each group could see how much money each team has, that would make it more exciting. Groupless players could only see their own account, nothing else. Players in a group could see how much money each player has (no matter which team) by clicking his name. That would help a team decide which player they want to try to bribe, as poor as possible of course cause he needs the money and not to cheat so easily :twisted:

Well, again a story bigger than lotr, maybe I'll write a book about this someday :P

it seems like a whole new mod gamemode for MTA.

It would work, but showing certain stats etc may not work in vc (who knows its only been out a week =)

Bribery is good, and most of the ideas are solid. Its a great mod, but its more a question of wether it can be incorporated into mta.

Its a great mod, but its more a question of wether it can be incorporated into mta.

Yes I know. I was just posting my ideas and was just coming to that question. While I was thinking about this mod, I very often thought if it's possible or not. Much I've said, much is left to say what comes to my ideas but the most complicated to build are there I think. If it turns out that it's possible to create a game like this (if not everything, we can think a way to maybe come close with another way) and you are willing to do, I will write a 100 page book if needed to help out your brainwork. I bet people here have many other great ideas to be published as well. But IF, just IF, this thing is possible, I'm totally in to help every way I can to make this thing the best multiplayer game ever! OK, I'm getting a bit excited but anyways, you got my support. I'm finished now and will stop crying. :cry::wink::P

wow that sounds really cool! I'd love to see it in VC. Just reading it made me have pictures on my head.

"There's a guy in the trees on a phone who's bribed by the other team (Team A we'll cal it). One of his team-mates (from Team B) seen him on the phone and thought nothing of it, but then notices that there's no text above the guy's head. He clicks immediately and knows he's a rat. The guy on the phone hasn't seen the guy behind him yet. The other guy tels his team-mates that the other guy's a rat. The bribed guy turns round and sees the other guy behind him, so obviously he runs as fast as a mingun dipped in grease. The team A decides to let him because of all the gossip he told them. B4 long the team B sent choppers/boats/cars/angry ppl with big guns to knock him off. Team A sends ppl to get hi ass outa there. A huge battle commences. The leader of Team A brings in an infernus and tells the birbed guy to get in. Team B notices this and sends all their ground vehicles after it. Then the drive-bys and traps ensue. The helis are in close pursuit with their bombs at the ready (maybe u could have ppl on the side firing guns like in that mission where u gotta kill all those guys from that chopper Lance was flying). Team A has only 1 option. Try to get into the Downtown area where there's loads of cover and get into their chopper so that they can have some air-to-air combat."

I'll let u guys make the outcome. :lol:

"There's a guy in the trees on a phone who's bribed by the other team (Team A we'll cal it). One of his team-mates (from Team B) seen him on the phone and thought nothing of it, but then notices that there's no text above the guy's head. He clicks immediately and knows he's a rat. The guy on the phone hasn't seen the guy behind him yet. The other guy tels his team-mates that the other guy's a rat. The bribed guy turns round and sees the other guy behind him, so obviously he runs as fast as a mingun dipped in grease. The team A decides to let him because of all the gossip he told them. B4 long the team B sent choppers/boats/cars/angry ppl with big guns to knock him off. Team A sends ppl to get hi ass outa there. A huge battle commences. The leader of Team A brings in an infernus and tells the birbed guy to get in. Team B notices this and sends all their ground vehicles after it. Then the drive-bys and traps ensue. The helis are in close pursuit with their bombs at the ready (maybe u could have ppl on the side firing guns like in that mission where u gotta kill all those guys from that chopper Lance was flying). Team A has only 1 option. Try to get into the Downtown area where there's loads of cover and get into their chopper so that they can have some air-to-air combat."

What a beautiful story, put a tear in my eye :cry::lol:

Hehe, that would be a two team battle on a vice city map with cubans vs haitians 128 players each :wink: Lots of money at start, big bombs and you are way to go :D Actually I didn't mean this big war but sure if there are 3 maps: 1) vc map 2)a half of vc map 3)other half, there could be servers running only the first map with as many players as possible and lots of money for starters.

Have you thought about this what comes to bribing. What if team A decides when the game starts that if team B asks some of them to be bribed, then the player should accept it? So, team B asks our wonderful Jackie boy to give them some tippy talk what his team is doing. So Jack agrees and tells them that his team will do mission 1 at 10pm. So they believe it and why not, Jack was telling the truth. Team B is making plans to stop team A but what they don't know is that team A knows that they are coming. :wink: So team A goes to work. Let's say that they must explode a building. One of them has a bomb and let's say 10 is protecting him while he is planting. So then team B pops up and tries to kill the guards and the one who planted the bomb but since team A knew they were coming they were able to expect them and they kill team B and the building explodes and mission is complited. Now literally, team B payed Jack to make team A richer :lol: It could get more complicated only if at the same time team A had bribed a player from team B. Then things would be really messed up and let the fun begin :lol:

Dude.. Thats a nice idea.. but for someone who has to program this gameplay into vice city.. i think it could be done but would take some time to get around some loop holes and stuff.. But yeah.. really good idea..

oh yeah and you would need a huge document to discribe to other ppls how to play it.. it's not somthing you can just hop on and play me thinks..

Dude.. Thats a nice idea.. but for someone who has to program this gameplay into vice city.. i think it could be done but would take some time to get around some loop holes and stuff.. But yeah.. really good idea..

oh yeah and you would need a huge document to discribe to other ppls how to play it.. it's not somthing you can just hop on and play me thinks..

Yeah, I know it's a big process and I think it would be one of the most complicated (if not the most complicated) multiplayer game ever seen. They don't know if it's even possible to make one yet but they are scanning for stuff and we just gotta wait. They have showed me big thumbs up and will certainly be thinking hard whether do it or not, if it turns out that it would be possible to create one. That's the reason I made this poll so that it could help them with that decision :)

There are so many aspects to take under consideration that the first version could fail. But luckily 1) they can build it better all the time 2) me and my friend have been thought about this a lot and we have a solution for like every problem (not technical what comes to coding) what might occur in gameplay. So at least in idea level there would be no big loop holes. But if it works beautifully, it really has potential to be a revolutionary multiplayer game and I would be surprised if the dev's wouldn't start getting job offers from game teams :D

This post here is just the idea and haven't told much about how everything should be handled to make this thing work. But if they start to make it, I'll write the dev's/make a public detailed list how everything should work in my view and people could bring their own ideas if it could be done even better. And sure I would write a manual how it works and some of the tactics also (not all though, some brainwork must be left for players too :)) but a manual that after reading it people would be ready to play. With co-operation we would succeed, I'm pretty sure about it. But let's just wait until they know what is possible and if they think this thing worth it. :roll:

that's the fun in this gameplay :D

you have to use some time to learn how to play it and you have to use tactics with your team if you want to succeed in the missions, that makes this gameplay fun!!

Great idea, jallajollo :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

What do you think about this?

A person who hasn't joined a team, can do so some crap work for the gang,

wich gang he will do this crap work, is up to him.

If the gang like he's work, he can join that gang.

This can be good if the gang wanna see your skills

I hope you understand....

My enlglish is not so well.

for VC...... mta are trying to get it going, but want to get gta3 running first.

DONT ask about it!

as for the gang question. Apply to join and they will test your skill before they accept you, or just accept you =)

• 3 weeks later...
What do you think about this?

A person who hasn't joined a team, can do so some crap work for the gang,

wich gang he will do this crap work, is up to him.

If the gang like he's work, he can join that gang.

This can be good if the gang wanna see your skills

I hope you understand....

My enlglish is not so well.

Sure, but he can't communicate privately with any clan. He can collect money also as a freelancer and of course, the more money you got, the more easily a clan will accept you cause it will automatically raise their wealth.

• 1 month later...