[HELP] outputChatBox

brocky

I made a function to unlock a house and it works perfectly, but it doesn't show the message "House unlocked", What's the problem?

function unlockHouse() 
        if button6 == source then  
         guiSetEnabled(button4, true) 
         guiSetEnabled(button5, true) 

outputChatBox("House Unlocked", source, 246, 8, 
              end 
                        end  

addEventHandler("onClientGUIClick", button6, unlockHouse, false) 

function unlockHouse() 
        if button6 == source then 
         guiSetEnabled(button4, true) 
         guiSetEnabled(button5, true) 

outputChatBox("House Unlocked", 246, 8, 
              end 
                        end 

addEventHandler("onClientGUIClick", button6, unlockHouse, false) 

I also have problem with this code, I want to set the player who "enters" the marker, Anyone who enters the marker will get to interior 3, but I can't make it and I am forced to specify my own name in this function.

out = createMarker ( 418.794921875, -84.074752807617, 1001.8046875, "arrow", 1.5, 236, 229, 30 )  
setElementInterior ( out, 3, 418.794921875, -84.074752807617, 1001.8046875 )   

function outside() 
if out == source then 
  setElementInterior( getPlayerFromName("nope") , 0,  209, -63 , 2 ) 
   else 
     end  
       end  
 addEventHandler ( "onMarkerHit", root, outside ) 

As you can see I am forced to put my name in "setElementInterior" to set my postion, but I want to set the position of the player who enters the marker, but i can't get it and I added my name in "setElementInterior".

I need help to set the interior of the player who hit that marker not only me.

I also have problem with this code, I want to set the player who "enters" the marker, Anyone who enters the marker will get to interior 3, but I can't make it and I am forced to specify my own name in this function.

out = createMarker ( 418.794921875, -84.074752807617, 1001.8046875, "arrow", 1.5, 236, 229, 30 )  

function outside() 
if out == source then 
   else 
     end  
       end  

As you can see I am forced to put my name in "setElementInterior" to set my postion, but I want to set the position of the player who enters the marker, but i can't get it and I added my name in "setElementInterior".

I need help to set the interior of the player who hit that marker not only me.

This should work.

function outside() 
    if out == source then 
        setElementInterior( localPlayer , 0,  209, -63 , 2 ) 
    end 
end 

Also don't forget to use [ lua ] function .... [ /lua ] !

local out = createMarker ( 418.794921875, -84.074752807617, 1001.8046875, "arrow", 1.5, 236, 229, 30 ) 

function outside(hitElement,matchingDim) 
if (hitElement and matchingDim and getElementType(hitElement) == "player") then 
setElementInterior ( hitElement, 3, 418.794921875, -84.074752807617, 1001.8046875 )   
   end 
end 
addEventHandler ( "onMarkerHit", out , outside ) 

Edited by Guest

function outside() 
    if out == source then 
        setElementInterior( localPlayer , 0,  209, -63 , 2 ) 
    end 
end 

Also don't forget to use [ lua ] function .... [ /lua ] !

@Toni you're wrong, it's server side look at 'onMarkerHit' event so localPlayer won't works there

Magically, the "localPlayer" thing worked and so did Kariim one, but Kariim, I need some more explanation about Perimeters like you used in your code. Please explain Perimeter, It really confuses me, Are they Arguments......Are they just some words added randomly...What are they?

Magically, the "localPlayer" thing worked and so did Kariim one, but Kariim, I need some more explanation about Perimeters like you used in your code. Please explain Perimeter, It really confuses me, Are they Arguments......Are they just some words added randomly...What are they?

There aro no random words and no "magic" in Lua. And not "perimeters" but parameters. And yes, they are actually arguments you mentioned.

There aro no random words and no "magic" in Lua. And not "perimeters" but parameters. And yes, they are actually arguments you mentioned.

So you mean to say they are arguments?

I mean like givePlayerMoney(argument1(the player who you want to give the money), argument2(the amount of money).

Now I am ok with that but.....

How do i know the arguments of function that i made? for example

function goingOut()

how the heck do i use argument in these? if so how can i add them? what are their uses?, This is my own function not MTA function how can i add arguments from myself?

How will they be used and why will they be used? In which kind of scripts are they necessary?

I am pretty confused in this part.

So you mean to say they are arguments?

I mean like givePlayerMoney(argument1(the player who you want to give the money), argument2(the amount of money).

Now I am ok with that but.....

How do i know the arguments of function that i made? for example

function goingOut()

how the heck do i use argument in these? if so how can i add them? what are their uses?, This is my own function not MTA function how can i add arguments from myself?

How will they be used and why will they be used? In which kind of scripts are they necessary?

I am pretty confused in this part.

The parameters based on the event you are using with your function

for example you are using onMarkerHit

mtasa wiki->ServerEvents->MarkerEvents->onMarkerHit and here you can find the event parameters

Can you explain me a bit more about "permetres" because thats the only thing I don't understand in MTA Lua. @KariiiM

Hello zacknope,

Each event has some parameters those parameters can be bool , element (player,vehicle,objects..etc) , string, float, integer, account..etc

I will give you an example with the event onMarkerHit, i'm sure you will understand it just follow me step by step

Let's start with onMarkerHit or onClientMarkerHit they're with the same parameters the different between those two events the first one is server sided and the second one is client sided so the server sided one can't be used in client side and the same thing to other one.

So as i said, onMarkerHit / onClientMarkerHit or onMarkerLeave / onClientMarkerLeave are with two parameters let's defines them!

Those two parameters are:

hitElement and dimension,

hitElement mean the element that hit the marker it can be player or vehicle...etc

dimension mean if the element is in the same as the marker's dimension then it will return true else it will return false

Now after defining those parameters let's do some practice:

function onPlayerHitMarker (hitElement, dimension) --Let's enter the two arguments of our event 'onMarkerHit' 
if getElementType( hitElement ) ==  "player" then --Let's exist our element type and check if it's a player  
outputChatBox(getPlayerFromName(hitElement).. " hit the marker.",getRootElement(),255,0,0) 
   end --end of if 
end --end of the function 
addEventHandler("onMarkerHit",markerName,onPlayerHitMarker) 

~Regards,KariM