Usable turret?

louie999

Aye, it sure is possible. It all depends on how you want to set it up. Arguably making sure it's nicely synced between all clients would be the hardest part.

Basically you'll need to use onClientMouseMove to detect whenever the client is aiming the turret left, right, up or down. If you don't want to use the mouse, you can use getKeyState bound to either a timer or the renderer.

I wrote something somewhat similar a while ago, but it was for vehicles - but in general it follows the same principle. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Aye, it sure is possible. It all depends on how you want to set it up. Arguably making sure it's nicely synced between all clients would be the hardest part.

Basically you'll need to use onClientMouseMove to detect whenever the client is aiming the turret left, right, up or down. If you don't want to use the mouse, you can use getKeyState bound to either a timer or the renderer.

I wrote something somewhat similar a while ago, but it was for vehicles - but in general it follows the same principle. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Ah, nice to know it's possible, but could you give me a simple example on how to do it ? :?

I'm not sure how MTA team coded sync stuff but since this is a projectile so its important to sync it. I guess they used TCP to send message to all clients for creating and shooting projectile due to which ping matters a lot in this case. If client is lagging then its a problem but hey that doesn't mean that you cannot make this script. You can code it. I'm on mobile phone. I will write a simple script tomorrow :)