[WIP] LIFE

AJXB

LITE . INTEGRATED . FRIENDLY . EMAIL

Ever wanted to contact another player in a whole different server while playing in your favorite one? You sure can!

I've started working on a mailing server and client completely made in Lua that will make everyone's experience in while playing MTA:SA a lot enjoyable.

It's fully manageable using a friendly Graphical User Interface.

This resource will be published on MTA Communtiy for everyone to use.

How can I know that this is safe?

That's a good questions, let's talk about security, the database where all the data will be stored will be hosted on GoDaddy Servers, you don't have to worry about security or lag. (This can be supervised by any MTA Team members).

The code will be reviewed by MTA Team before it's uploaded to MTA Community.

All data connection strings will be encrypted using MTA Luac.

All passwords will be encrypted, However, do not use a password related to any of your other accounts.

Features in V 0.1:

- Load Emails: You can load all emails sent to you using your friendly GUI.

- Send Emails: You can send emails to any player in MTA World while he's offline or online, as long as he's registered!

- Login: You can login to your email account to be able to use the interface.

- Register: Every player will choose their own Email (account name) as long as it's still available.

Features in V 0.2:

- Delete Emails: You can delete emails that you don't want in your inbox.

- Better user interface: Will be using some cool stuff.

- Quick Reply: a quick reply button will be added.

- Contacts: You'll be able to save contacts for quick access.

More features to come.

What can I do now?

Nothing really, just sit tight.

Release Date: Not Set Yet.

I remember a resource that used a similar approach for cross-server chatting, needless to say, no decent server used it. Personally, I would never trust this.

The code will be reviewed by MTA Team before it's uploaded to MTA Community. 

Did you ask someone to review it? Resources that are uploaded to the community do not get reviewed automatically.

I was working on something similar akin to Steam overlay, but instead it was like an instant messenger with the ability to see what server other people were on as well as try and join them.

Although I never finished it, the biggest issue will be to make sure it's widely distributed as well make sure that everyone keeps it updated.

Also, would it be open source or compiled? Personally, I wouldn't trust something like this on my server unless I could review the code myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Well as many of you guys have "personal" trust issues, clearly, you don't even have to use it, don't whine about it then.

The resource is not a necessity, obviously, give a thumbs up, your opinions, nothing more, you're appreciated anyway.

Now to answer a real useful reply here:

What functions would I need to give this resources access to in the ACL?

Nothing, that's the best part.

Thanks for all supporters.

• 6 months later...