[WIP] San Andreas Life (Rev 9)

1B0Y

62d5c963b8.PNG

Last edited: 06/09/2015 - Website added.

NEWS

We're back! [06/09/2015]

• After a few days running diagnostics on my computer to come to the conclusion that Windows 10 sucks for AMD drivers, getting another GPU and reinstalling the OS, I'm now back to work on the gamemode.
    Last night we decided to go through a list of what we needed to finish, add and remove. We came to the conclusion that the hive functionality would going to cause the project to delay much longer due to much coding required to make it secure (and ofc, getting a PHP developer). Hive functionality has now been removed (but might return later?)
    Along with this, my todo list for the initial release of San Andreas Life, which can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/b6BcJdB4
That's about it for now. You can contact us in the GTANet IRC network in the #sanandreaslife channel and we also stream our work! Just be in the channel and you'll be able to get the stream info ;)

Domain coming over the weekend [21/08/2015]

• Today, i've decided to make the project official and bought sanandreaslife's domain. This enables us to host our downloads, hive, IRC, bug tracker, ... and make it public for you guys to be able to see what we're up to.
    Along with this, users can now report bugs of the gamemode properly to our network, along with receiving updates before they're posted here and on-spot support if you're experiencing issues with the gamemode.
    To visit the website, click the link below:
    Sorry, the website is currently unavailable. Please check back later.

New webhost and blog site coming soon [18/08/2015]

• By the end of the month, a new webhost will be setted up for those interested in the project, along with a blog that pretty much explains what the hell we're working on in terms of features, bugs, exploit patches or stuff we're discussing to be a feature. The website will be available on the top of this topic when it's available.

The Team

Jack (1B0Y) | Founder, Leading Developer, Leading Complaints Manager

DLmass | Head Administrator, Head Network Manager, Leading Complaints Manager.

EnemyCRO | Architecture

Mittens | Web Developer

What is 'San Andreas Life'?

San Andreas Life is a free, regularly updated "serious" RP gamemode that features a few modes that I think that players tend to enjoy. Along with the modes, the gamemode includes multiple features for the players (which can be found below).

We're now on Steam! : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MTASAL

You can now find us on GTANet's IRC : #sanandreaslife

What can I do in this gamemode?

The gamemode enables the user to do whatever he likes. If he wants to be a hobo and get drunk all day while laughing at the police, then he can be a hobo and get drunk all day. If he wants to be a hard-working man and wants to be something such as a coal miner, so be it. Or maybe the taste of crime is what he likes? or vise-versa?

What features can be expected in the gamemode?

Here's a list of what should be expected over the next few updates.

• A unique "global network" which contains:
    • Global accounting - Player's only have to register one account and can be accessed on other servers running the gamemode
    • Global banning - Prevent pesky players that cheat and exploit the gamemode from joining. (Bans are added manually by developers)
    • Master List - Servers are added to the "Master List" which will pop up on the website so that players can easily find servers running the gamemode along with information about the server.

[*] Version checking - You'll be notified when a new version comes out.

[*] A fully functional account system, strapped with account recovery, logs and control panel

[*] Plenty of jobs for the player to do (all unique and multi-tasking. No 1-2-3 stages)

[*] Dynamic housing system - enables players to rent and share houses with others, along with the ability to clear our the interior of the house and place their own furniture down.

[*] New stores - Interiors are remodeled to something more fashionable and clean

[*] New interactions - Go clubbing, sky diving, paintballing, racing, and much more with friends.

[*] Loaning System - Allow players to take a loan out from the bank and pay them back in sections.

[*] Gambling - Try to get lucky (or go broke) and gamble your hard-earned cash away.

[*] Modifiable vehicles - Fully tune-able vehicles such as engine upgrades, along with decal designs.

[*] Missions - GTA SA alike missions.

[*] And still more to be planned.

How to get a copy?

Currently, the project is still under private development and only a handful of servers have access to the gamemode (for testing purposes). A download link will be available when it comes out of private development and a bug tracker will be available for server owners to report bugs.

Can I read the source-code?

Due to the global network idea, no. The script has to call my network to gain credentials to log into the database for player data to be retrieved and updated.

Can I make my own addons?

At some point, yes. Similar to the MTA DayZ gamemode, the same technique will be used to load the addons. But, there's a catch. If addons are loaded, either:

• A: The Global Network feature will be disabled
  • or B: The exports to interact with the gamemode will be disabled if the Global Network setting is enabled.

Images

Testing version checking and loading bans

7d7a0a6608.png

Example of how the login UI will look like

1b99b60f87.jpg

Updated version:

a916d72287.png

Changelog

[Rev 9]

• Enhanced init.lua's MySQL setup technique to check if the server is going to be using the master hive. If so, hive will setup the MySQL connection instead.
  • Server owners can now see their auth key when debug is enabled in settings. (Very useful for debugging)
  • Hive callback errors are now outputted when debug is enabled in settings.
  • Fixed a bug with hive callbacks where "NO-KEY-MASTER" and "NO-KEY-SERVER" were both being reported wrongfully to the console.
  • Fixed a logging issue which kept throwing "N/A" when no text was inserted.
  • Re-added mysql_getSOcket() to the MySQL script.
  • Fixed MySQL's create/destroyed triggers not working.
  • Removed some debugging code from MySQL.
  • Fixed bans being in an infinite loop due to MySQL not loading quick enough.
  • Server owners can debug bans easily by enabling debug in settings.
  • The total amount of bans loaded is now shown in the console for server owners. (I should add a command to display all bans in the console...)

[Rev 8]

• Rewrote ban system to load regardless what setting we're using (hive or local) due to the MySQL connection being correctly configured before bans is loaded.
  • Rewrote Master Pulse, Hive calling and Version checking to use the new Master Network syntax we're using on our network.
  • Correct callbacks are now being used from the Master Network responses and will report the correct faults to the server.
  • The resource will no longer shut itself down due to file checksum being wrong. Global hive is disabled instead.
  • Password box on the login page will be cleared when you login or switch to the register / recovery page.
  • Register page will now properly clear up when you leave the page.
  • Master Network's API rewrote to handle everything under 1 script. Changes:
    • Security has been enhanced so that the connection between the server and the network is more secure.
    • All functionality is now done through this module rather than calling other scripts.
    • Logging has been upgraded to log information about the server that's called the API. It now stores the server's IP, port, name, server version, gamemode revision and the auth code used.
    • A blacklist feature has been integrated to block bad servers. (We don't know what bad servers are yet, but the feature is there just in case).

[*] Rewrote the Authentication system that's built into the gamemode. The key that's generated should match up to the keys on the Master Network.

[Rev 7]

• Updated dx_button to make buttons show grey when enabled is set to false.
  • Added some more functionality to the login so they're now ready to be linked to the server for logging in to be linked.
  • Updated filecheck again with the latest file signatures (because I updated dx_button, causing the gm to turn itself off again...)

[Rev 6]

• Did more work on the DXGUI system, such as having a "background text" there so that when a user enters text, the background text is removed and vise-versa.
  • Added a debug option to output the included files MD5 hash for filechecking purposes.
  • Added the basics of login functionality. Some tweaks needed to be done to DXGUI before it's fully functional.

[Rev 5]

• Updated DXGUI to work a little more better.
  • Finished the Account's login UI (Thanks to those in MTA's channel for some feedback)
  • Added icons to the login UI along side the username and password's edit boxes
  • Username will now be saved when the client has successfully logged into that account.

[Rev 4]

• Imported dxGUI (by Woovie) to create the UI quicker and easier.
  • Added filechecking for included files (So that we know the files haven't been altered, ruling user-error out as bugs)
  • Started work on the login UI. You can find the example above.

[Rev 3]

• Changed variable "version" to "revision" since it made more sense...
  • Fixed inf looping when a mysql connection couldn't be created.

[Rev 2]

• Cleaned up some non-used settings in the settings file.
  • Cleaned up the MySQL script and added events for when the connection is created / destroyed.
  • Fixed version checking being stupid and starts spamming when the master server is down.
  • Updated the ban system to (un)load when the mysql connection is created/destroyed.
  • Add accounts and the ability for it to create the database for itself.
  • Updated ban system to scan for banned players when bans are loaded.

[Rev 1]

• Added version check functionality to tell server owners when new versions are available.
  • Created loading script to create a mysql connection, load bans and vehicles

If you have any questions regarding or suggestions to be added to the project, leave a comment below ;)

Edited by Guest
I've added a screenshot of the login UI. Let me know how it looks and suggest anything that could be added.

You should work a little more aesthetic server because it is something that always attracts attention. Sorry for my english I speak spanish

I've added a screenshot of the login UI. Let me know how it looks and suggest anything that could be added.

You should work a little more aesthetic server because it is something that always attracts attention. Sorry for my english I speak spanish

Will do. I worked with a few members in MTA's IRC channel the other night to finish off the login page's design. I've uploaded it to the SS box. How does it look? ;)

Will do. I worked with a few members in MTA's IRC channel the other night to finish off the login page's design. I've uploaded it to the SS box. How does it look? ;)

Personally I'm not a big fan of the typical simplistic design, but looks good enough - at least you seem to have paid attention to spacing and all that - which is a very rare sight around here :P

Personally I'm not a big fan of the typical simplistic design, but looks good enough - at least you seem to have paid attention to spacing and all that - which is a very rare sight around here :P

My OCD makes sure the spacing is spot on. Haha ;)

nice design

animations on the panel would be great. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, sometimes it's good while you're not in server to see debug and what's going on.

Anyhow, I'm pretty interested in this project you're developing. Most people (at least what I've heard) say that Roleplay or real life gamemodes are better on SAMP than on MTA. I hope this will change their opinion hah. I could contribute anyhow because it seems pretty interesting. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

New information about San Andreas Life's website added to the news section. Enjoy ;)

You could offer more images...

We'll start adding more images, videos and even live-stream our work when we get a little further down the road. Keep an eye on the news section (or our IRC network) for more info.

Rev 11 (0%)

Create a housing system

Create a job system

Create a vehicle system

Create a store system

Design UI for those ^

Rev 10(0%)

Make login and register functionable

Await for DLmass to finish my plane model for the introduction cutscene

Make a introduction cutscene

Seems like a rather odd list of priorities. Why would a cutscene have a higher priority than core gameplay mechanics and interface? To me it'd rather be the other way around, a cutscene being the last thing to do once it's all mostly done. :)

Seems like a rather odd list of priorities. Why would a cutscene have a higher priority than core gameplay mechanics and interface? To me it'd rather be the other way around, a cutscene being the last thing to do once it's all mostly done. :)

True, and the cutscene sys has already been completed. Just need to create a file for the sys to load from for that part. Re-organising my todo list...

True, and the cutscene sys has already been completed. Just need to create a file for the sys to load from for that part. Re-organising my todo list...

Didn't mean to come out as rude if I made it seem like it. Just thought it seemed a bit odd, but hey, people do things differently. :)

Didn't mean to come out as rude if I made it seem like it. Just thought it seemed a bit odd, but hey, people do things differently. :)

No problem, we just needed to do the account stuff first so that we have a core to work on (since the rev 11 requires accounts)

Regarding the project not being developed on:

A few days ago after returning from a 3 week vacation, my computer has recently ran into a few issues that seems to be Windows 10 related and AMD related.

Every time I go to boot MTA and the world loads in, my computer would randomly reboot itself (as if I hit the reset button on my case). After running through hours of diagnostics on all of my components, it's all down to the Operating System.

How am I going to fix this?

Because the OS is being dumb (thanks Microsoft...), i'm reverting back to Win8.1 as soon as possible. Along with this, i'll be getting another graphics card due to the recent issues i've been having with the AMD drivers for my graphics card.

How long will this take?

Thanks to a ol' good pal of mine, he's lending me his GTX 670 graphics card for a few weeks until I can arrange to purchase a new one. Hopefully i'm back online and working later this week depending on how we go.

For more information about the project or suggestions on how the hell to fix my AMD drivers, visit us in our channel at GTANet (Information on the main page).

Update: After 2 hours of reinstalling Windows 10, pulling my games off my backup hard drive and reconfiguring the software I used, the computer's back to normal.

Now I just need to pull the core files off my hard drive (which means i have to take the graphics card back out...)

You should expect us back to work on this later this week.

Update: Computer's fixed, files recovered and had a meeting last night to decide what to do with the project from now. Check the latest news article for more information about our upcoming changes towards the gamemode AND information about our dev stream.

Update Part 2: San Andreas Life's website is now online. You can find our changelog, updates on staff, bans, downloads and much more on there.

URL: http://sanandreaslife.com